Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

What is the best limesurvey training LAB preparation ?

More
9 years 4 months ago #115554 by amine
Salamu Alaikum,
I'm about to give a training workshop, for about 3 days / 10 participants, concerning the use of limesurvey to conudct web based surveys.
I want to know what is the best way (workshop lab preparation) to teach limesurvey.
I think of hosting limesurvey on a VPS so that people can learn while on the training session and exercice once they leave the training session (at the hotel room for example).

Thank you very much!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 4 months ago #115556 by holch
I never thought about this before, but here are my thoughts:

I would go for a good mix of theory and practice.

Of course first they will need the base to work with Limesurvey, then they should be able to do some hands on exercises. but it depends a little on the profile of the participants, what is their background?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
9 years 4 months ago #115558 by amine
All of them are statisticians, economists or sociologists
thanks in advance.
First I'll do a brieve comparison between free tools (MonkeySurveys, FluidSurveys,GoogleForms) to show them what proucts are available out there to conduct web based surveys, and then start with creating surveys/mutlilingual/conditional surveys, after that i'll go with restricted access / public / expirated surveys and i'll try to end with getting information from data collected with R-project/Shiny and LibreOfficeCalc
  • holch
  • Away
More
9 years 4 months ago #115560 by holch
Sounds good.

Setting up a VPS is for sure a good solution, but you could also make them sign up for a free account at Limeservice.com. They can get 25 responses for free, the rest seems to be unlimited.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
9 years 4 months ago #115563 by Ben_V
Hi,
Don't forget that there is a bunch of video tutorials about LS on dailymotion, youtube etc. ;)

You can also be inspired looking at some indexed .ppt files

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
9 years 4 months ago #115595 by Mazi
From my experience users learn best by using the software. So how about preparing a simple survey of 8-10 questions. Hand them a paper version and tell them to build that survey using Limesurvey.
In this case a link to the Limesurvey question types manual page helps: manual.limesurvey.org/Question_types

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose