Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Research Participants, Unique Email Address, and JavaScript/jQuery

• FuzzyGman
  • FuzzyGman's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #102373 by FuzzyGman
I want to know if it is possible to assign a unique email address that I have created in advance for participants in my dissertation research study using either JavaScript or jQuery.

I would create and store about 500+ email addresses in a database within my domain at Bluehost. For example, participant_1@mydomain.org, participant_2@mydomain.org, and so forth.

Initially, each individual would be greeted with the same informed consent form, which explains the particulars of the study.

Assuming an individual wants to participate in the study, he or she would click on the applicable corresponding button, for instance, 'Submit'.

In turn, the stored email address would only be given out sequentially in direct response once an individual presses 'Submit' regardless of the number of individuals who are already previewing said form but have yet to decide.

In essence, participants would not have to give any identifying information, thus maintaining strict confidentiality on their part.

Subsequently, it would also allow them to come back to finish the two remaining survey in the event that some issue prevents that them from completing everything at that time.

Overall, I know nothing about JavaScript or jQuery, but if it is anything like C++ I should be able to figure it out.

I know very little about the functionality of LimeSurvey but have read something about tokens and such.

I am thinking that the created email address stored in my bluehost database could be imported into the token database, right???

Please advise overall as soon as possible...
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose