Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Show uploaded images (file upload) in PDF or DOC

• jarman
  • jarman's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #96893 by jarman
Hi, I have just started using LimeSurvey, hoping it will do what I need. So far it looks excellent however there is a feature I require that I can't find.

My survey's require several small images ( <500kb ) to be uploaded which I have working, however I would like to exported PDF or DOC to show that actual images rather than just the filename etc.

Can LimeSurvey do this?

Thanks in advance.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 9 months ago #96896 by actxcellence
Replied by actxcellence on topic Show uploaded images (file upload) in PDF or DOC
Hello djpilot,
to use PDF or DOC as a web image format is imho. a very unusual requirement.
Where do you need to show the images?

If I want to show a picture in a question or group description, I create .png, jpg or .gif files.
If I want to show parts of documents, I use screen shots of the document. (STRG + FN-print).

.png, .jpg and other formats can be uploaded in the text editor using the Image button

Schon die Bedienungsanleitung von LimeSurvey angeschaut?
Bedienungsanleitung (DE) | Tricks, um mehr Antworten auf Fragen im Forum zu erhalten
  • jarman
  • jarman's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #96903 by jarman
Hi actxcellence,

Maybe I didn't explain myself or what I require very well as I feel your response is off track with regard to what I am trying to do. (Sorry, just re-read my message, it doesn't make much sense!)

1. I have created a single survey that several people will access a few times a month every month (always the same people).
2. The questions in the survey never change from month to month.
3. During the time the person is filling in the survey, they are required to upload several jpg or png graphic files.
4. Once the person has completed the survey, there is an option for the survey to be printed or exported to PDF.

It is at this time (or at a later time via the admin interface if required) that I would like to create the PDF of the survey but rather than the PDF just telling me the name of the uploaded inage file/s, I actually want the image to be shown in the PDF.

Thanks for your response, and I am sorry for my poorly written original question.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by jarman.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 9 months ago #96905 by tpartner
Unfortunately, this is not currently possible. You can submit a feature request - ideas.limesurvey.org/

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose