Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Is it possible to remotely (RPC) set user permissions ?

• LaurentS
  • LaurentS's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #96384 by LaurentS
Hi there,

we're successfully using remote control to import .lss files to create new client satisfaction surveys from our template, create/activate tokens, invite participants, etc., all from our custom CRM software.
This is really great, and saves us a lot of time.
This is done using dedicated admin credentials.

There's one thing I can't figure out how to do, though :
I've set several users, each one managing a list of clients, so they're able to login to limesurvey to see statistics, responses, maybe send reminders...

But I have to manually add their permissions to the existing dedicated admin account (used to create the new survey).

I totally understand that permissions from the "original" survey (that is, the template.lss file) are not replicated when importing it to a new survey.
But would it be some other way to add permissions for an existing account, than to login to LS and do it there ?

This would allow us to complete the automation process.

Thanks for your suggestions !
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 10 months ago #96387 by DenisChenu
Maybe you can create the survey with user account.

For example : one account for each CMS

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • LaurentS
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #96395 by LaurentS
Hi Denis, and thanks for your answer.

Actually, I've already been running through each variation of account used for creation, ...
But this doesn't do the trick for me, because we're using this dedicated admin account to create surveys.

This is quite mandatory from a technical PoV : partly because of the integration of the RC in our CRM system, but also because it's the office staff who creates them remotely, not always knowing who'll be "in charge".

Not to mention that this staff does not (and shall not) know other users' passwords, and if these PW were to be hardcoded in the CRM, anyway they could be changed in LS (online) and therefore break the system.

And on top of all that, we would need several users to access surveys...

I'll try to think about it again, but if any other idea comes to anyone's mind... ;)
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by LaurentS. Reason: typo
  • DenisChenu
More
10 years 10 months ago #96407 by DenisChenu
Think there are no function to update survey security by user actually.

It needs to be developed

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • LaurentS
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #96411 by LaurentS
That's what I was thinking.

Thanks anyway. This remote control API, together with the "end URL" on submit allows us to benefit from a rich online survey system, with the whole setup process fully automated in our in-house CRM without leaving it.

I'll try and develop a small php app to manipulate the hosted SQL DB directly, for this last task.

I just have to figure out which tables and columns to work with, but that should not be too difficult.

And may be put it on some next version wishlist... :P ;)

And since I'm french too : passe un bon week-end !
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by LaurentS. Reason: typo
  • DenisChenu
More
10 years 10 months ago #96421 by DenisChenu

LaurentS wrote: I'll try and develop a small php app to manipulate the hosted SQL DB directly, for this last task.

If you know some PHP, we are glad to have pull request in github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey .
All remotecontrol function are in /application/controllers/admin/remotecontrol.php and surely other user can need same function (survey security settings by user).

I just have to figure out which tables and columns to work with, but that should not be too difficult.

With RC, it's best to use included function : look at's model/User or modle/Security (not sure now)

passe un bon week-end !

Toi aussi :).

Denis

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose