Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Identifying users who complete the survey and those who screen out!

More
11 years 1 week ago #93916 by MRFGR
Hi there

I hope you're well and I hope this make sense.

I need to be able to identfy users who sucessfully complete a survey and those who are screened out. If possible is there away of seeing a completion page and a not suitable page (perhap with different urls)?

Just so you know, the reason why I would like to do this is because we are linking this to another application, where we woud like to offer points for users who successfully complete a survey. We do not want to filter the results afterwards, is there a way of knowing immediately? i.e a successful live link and a screened out live link?

I hope this make sense.

Many thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 1 week ago #93918 by mdekker
Check out the manual on quota, this is probably what you are looking for. If I remember correct, the completion status will be 'Q' if the survey was 'completed' due to quota.

---
Menno Dekker
More
11 years 1 week ago #93921 by tfj
MRFGR:

I am not certain what you mean by "screened out," but if you mean users who do not complete the survey, I think I can help.

There could be two approaches, one using a SQL query (since I use MySQL) and one using the end URL and a PHP script.

1) SQL query: I use an SQL query to delete records that have been left incomplete for at least 5 hours and run the query every 3 hours, using a task scheduler. Here is an example of one of these queries:

DELETE
FROM
[Your survey table name]
where
(timestampdiff(hour, [Your survey table name].startdate, now()) >= 5)
AND
([Your survey table name].submitdate is null);

2) End URL and a PHP script:

Through the LimeSurvey End URL setting, you could pass the identifying information about the user to a PHP script that would populate a table immediately. The advantage of this approach would be that you would know right away who completed a survey by reviewing the populated table.

Not knowing the details of your survey, etc., you can find plenty of helpful hints about the End URL setting through the forums and through the LimeSurvey documentation.

Also not knowing your level of comfort with SQL scripts or PHP, the approaches above may not be helpful to you. I have found, though, that using SQL scripts and PHP to supplement LimeSurvey has brought to it a whole new level of possibilities. Others on this forum also have found JavaScript to be very useful.

tfj
More
11 years 1 week ago #93923 by tfj
MRFGR:

Yes, mdekker's suggestion is a better one than mine, if it is what you meant by "screening out."

tfj
  • holch
More
11 years 1 week ago #93926 by holch
@tfj: "Screening out" is quite a normal term ((in market research) for excluding respondents from the questionnaire because the do not match certain (screening) criteria.

E.g. if you only want to interview respondents between 18-60 years old, everyone older and younger will be "screened out".

@MRFGR: Yes, quota would be they right choice. You will need to set the quota to 0 (zero). Each quota has it's on "end page" and you can use a different end url for each of them.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
11 years 1 week ago #93933 by tfj
Thanks, holch!

I jumped in too quickly to help . . .

tfj
  • holch
More
11 years 1 week ago #93934 by holch
No problem. Better jumped in too quick or to often than never. ;-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
11 years 1 week ago #93936 by MRFGR
Hi Guys

I just wanted to say a big thank you for all your help, I believe we have sorted it now! :)

I will be in touch if I have any further questions.

Thanks again!
  • holch
More
11 years 1 week ago #93940 by holch
Just remember that the quota will only have effect when the survey is active, in preview mode they will not be triggered, because the answers are not saved.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose