Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Transferring a script "state" from one person to another ?

Transferring a script "state" from one person to another ? 3 Jahre 1 Woche her #59430

• zenil79
  • zenil79s Avatar
  • Junior Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 2
I was wondering if I could share a script b/w 2 persons.
One person enters some of the data and then "transfers" the script to another person. Person2 is able to open the script in is own browser and see the enterd data and continue with the script .

I believe this has something to do with session sharing.
If I can get the sessionId of person1 and create a cookie with that sessionId and pass it along to person2, person2 should be able to open that survey and see the same data right ?
Letzte Änderung: 3 Jahre 1 Woche her von zenil79.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re: Transferring a script "state" from one person to another ? 3 Jahre 1 Woche her #59469

• tpartner
  • tpartners Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 688
Why not just have Person1 save the survey using Person2's name and address? Person2 can then open it and continue.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Transferring a script "state" from one person to another ? 3 Jahre 2 Tage her #59925

• zenil79
  • zenil79s Avatar
  • Junior Lime
Hi Tony,

Is this the "Resume Later" functionality ?

Re: Transferring a script "state" from one person to another ? 3 Jahre 2 Tage her #59926

• tpartner
  • tpartners Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: zenil79

Re: Transferring a script "state" from one person to another ? 3 Jahre 2 Tage her #59933

• DenisChenu
  • DenisChenus Avatar
  • Moderator Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 719
Or you can use :
Token with persistance system,
- first user don't submit the survey.
- Second user open the survey with the same token and can modify the survey.

Need to have an token .
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: zenil79

Re: Transferring a script "state" from one person to another ? 2 Jahre 11 Monate her #60102

• zenil79
  • zenil79s Avatar
  • Junior Lime
I can get by without using tokens or using the "Resume Later". I find that it is possible to do this by sharing the session information.

So say browser A is running a script. The script has a associated php session cookie. I get the sessionId in the cookie on browser A and pass it to browser B and invoke a script that recreates the session information based on this sessionId(by reading the same session file based on this sessionId) and then forwards to index.php. Since the session information is exactly the same, browser B opens the same survey runtime with all the staet correctly populated.

Re: Transferring a script "state" from one person to another ? 2 Jahre 11 Monate her #60105

• tpartner
  • tpartners Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Your not worried about several respondents sending data to the same record at the same time?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Re: Transferring a script "state" from one person to another ? 2 Jahre 11 Monate her #60107

• zenil79
  • zenil79s Avatar
  • Junior Lime
No..As soon as the "script" (and thereby the session) from one browser is "transferred" to another browser, the session on the first browser is expired. So effectively only one user will be running the the script at one time..There is no "sharing" of a script state/session. Only "transferring" of the state.

The intention is to achieve a "one click" transfer. So say agent A is answering the script in his browser. Midway he finds that this script needs to be transferred to agent B for his inputs. So he presses a button and voila, the same script session is transferred to Agent B and is opened in his browser and Agent B can complete the script.
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 11 Monate her von zenil79.
Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.138 Sekunden
Donation Image