Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Special functionalities

• ralcalde
  • ralcalde's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #120500 by ralcalde
Special functionalities was created by ralcalde
Hello,

We are looking for an online survey tool that has a number of specialized services for more complex surveys. The main functionalities we are looking for are:

· Ability to cross check data -- for example, if someone says they served 1 male and 1 female, but only enters data for the male, the survey would alert them that they forgot to complete the information for the female

· Validates data while responding the survey – for example, if someone enters that the person was homeless for over a year, but indicates they were in permanent housing 2 months ago (which means they were actually not homeless for a year), the survey would alert them to update one of the two questions so that they align

· Has mobile interfacing for those that would like to enter their data while actually conducting the survey on the field

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can let me know if LimeSurvey offers all or some of these services.

Thank you!
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 11 months ago #120506 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Special functionalities
#1 and #2 - Can be done with question validation and Expression Manager - please refer to the manual.

#3 - If you can install a web server on your mobile device, you can install LimeSurvey.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • holch
More
8 years 11 months ago #120507 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Special functionalities
#3 Or if you have mobile connection / wifi at the place of the interview you can use a mobile ready template (e.g. responsive) and do it this way. But if there might be problems with data connection, then you would need to go the way Tpartner describes above.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose