Offline Survey App : Admin Login credentials

Mehr
2 Jahre 8 Monate her #146645 von siddhantwankar
Hello all,
I am glad to know that lime survey have an android app ie. Offline survey app. I had download it and using it in my tab. I had add new survey in app with my survey URL and admin login credentials. Why we need this Admin login? Because of providing admin login credentials to the survey participants, it will be problem for my lime survey. He can login on to lime survey, access my project and change my survey settings.

So, is there any way to that not to provide admin login for offline survey app.:ohmy:

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

LimeSurvey Partners
Mehr
2 Jahre 8 Monate her #146750 von Joffm
Hi,
you need your admin credentials to load the survey to the offline device. This is an admin job.

When the survey is there the participants only click the "Run"-button of survey without any credentials.

Did you try to run one of the sampole surveys?
Here you see that the participant doesn't need any credentials.

As the name expresses, it's thought to be done "offline" without connection to the internet.
After your participants answered the survey on this device the next admin job starts, synchronysing the data.

Did you try?
See screenshot

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Anhänge:

Mehr
2 Jahre 8 Monate her #146762 von Joffm
Let me explain it a bit more detailled.

You use this app in e.g. these scenarios:
1. A market research company installs the survey on let's say 20 tablets. Then 20 interviewer conduct the survey asking people on the beach, in shopping malls, on fairs, or everywhere else without the need of an internet connection.

2. Again a market research company installs the survey on let's say 20 tablets. E.g. in a product clinic now the tablets are given to the participants who fill the questionnaire instead of filling it as paper-pencil.
In the next session the tablets are given to the next 20 participants who also fill the questionnaire.

(That's the reason that there is a kiosk mode; that the participants only anwer the questionnaire and do not play round with other functions of the device)

The same can be done in an airplane. Instead of answering a questionnaire as paper-pencil you can let them fill it on the tablet. Well, most airlines do their regular surveys nowadays included in their entertainment system.

And each evening or each weekend the tablets are collected and the data are synchronized with the server.

I hope this clarifies the use of the offline survey app.
It is not thought that each perticipant installs the app on his device, downloads the survey and answers it (and uploads the data). This is done by the browser function of the device.

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Mehr
2 Jahre 8 Monate her #146822 von aaskoura
OfflineSurveys need the credentials to connect to LS-RPC to check required survey settings before caching, and to later sync data if needed. If you are concerned about admin credentials we advise to
1- give the admin user ONLY the required permissions, OfflineSurveys doesn't require much www.offlinesurveys.com/ufaqs/which-limes...d-for-offlinesurveys
2- use share survey feature, it will create an '.lso' file that can be used by other devices to import your survey. Admin credentials are encrypted on '.lso' files. users will be able to import survey without knowing credentials
www.offlinesurveys.com/ufaqs/share-survey-offlinesurveys-users

Mehr
2 Jahre 8 Monate her #146963 von siddhantwankar
Thanks Joffm and Aaskoura, it will explore my knowledge in Offline survey. And Thanks Aaskoura for your way to import a survey in app.

Thanks & Regards

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha