Question Type Array, run time error on answer options with variables

Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her #107442 von Bart01
This question ran fine in release 1.92.
After upgrade to 2.05, when running the survey, it gaves an error.

However,
running the QA logic file gives no error (see attachment)
also, previewing the question does not give an error. (see attachment)

First attachment shows the error when running the survey question.

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutretten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her #107452 von holch
I see that you are on LimeService (now LimeSurvey Professional). They have a specific support there. As it is their server, they probably know better what is going on.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutretten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her #107457 von DenisChenu
HI,

Seems there are some update to do when updating from 1.92.
1st : Update each question text, go to source and set ' to ' (or replace with ")
2nd : NEVER use = for a condition, use == : manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager...t_Operator_.28.3D.29

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutretten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her #107472 von Bart01
I was not succesful in fixing this issue.
I tried regular editing, pop-up editor Html plain and pop-up HTML editor within in "code modus".
All with the same result: no errors in QA Logic file, but errors during run-time.
Indeed, system detects the HTML-code for ': & # 039.
But even though I delete manually the original ' with a new ': no success.

Perhaps something within the settings: disable inline HTML-editor???
Or: can I use a plain editor externally and then copy plain code to the editor?
Can I use an external editor, and change the code to UTF-8, or something?
Is there a way to look "under water" if the HTML-code is being used, before testing
(testing is cumbersome, since I have to go to bunch of questions before I arrive at the question with the troubled code).

Could export and import solve the problem?

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutretten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her #107475 von Bart01
Also, some more input.

I copied the question.
I change the question type from Array to Array (Text).
Now the problem doesn't appear.

If I change the new (copied) question to question type Array, the problem reoccurs.

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutretten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her #107477 von DenisChenu
I just test with a 2.05 version with HTML editor on : really no problem.
In last GIT version : no problem too (HTML editore with/without XSS)

What is your LS version ?

Think best is to deactivate inline HTML editor

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutretten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her #107479 von Bart01
I am on 2.05+
I cannot find out which build, but I upgraded Last Wednesday, so I guess latest build.

BTW: I disabled the inline HTML-editor.
I can still use the inline HTML-editor, at subquestion level (not at question level)

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutretten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her #107486 von DenisChenu
Hi,

HTML editor in popup is really the best solution.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutretten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her #107492 von Bart01
The pop-up HTML-editor doesn't really save the changes.
If you make changes within the pop-up HTML-editor, and then save within the HTML-editor,
and run QA logic file, the changes are not shown.
You have to close the pop-up HTML-editor, and then push "Save" in the main screen, to actually save the changes.
It might be that the HTML-codes are incorporated once more once you save in the main screen.

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutretten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her #107667 von Bart01
*** solved ***
I solved the issue with a workaround.
The error was triggered by using the ' in a subquestion.
I used a 'subscription'.
The system detected HTML-code, which could not be resolved.
I introduced an additional field, with the use of a equation question, so the field subscription with the value subscription.
In the subquestion I no longer used a string between the ' and ',in this case 'subscription' but used the newly introduced equation field {subscription}

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutretten.