Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Random assignement (after having tried everything a neophyte can)

• Elodie_Auer
  • Elodie_Auer's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #191226 by Elodie_Auer
Hello,

I know this topics has been covered many times. But after having visited many pages and tried many things I am still unsuccessfull. I try to randomly assigned 3 questions (each made of a MCQ with pictures). I am a pure neophyte, but I still I have understood the concept behind and I have created my equation question which looks to work but then none of my questions appear and the "==" appears red in the relevant equation (see attached). I have tried to insert the conditions through the "set the conditions" buttons and through the relevance field, but no success.

Could someone maybe help me? I have also joined the file of the my questions group.

Alernatively, someone share a working file here : www.limesurvey.org/forum/design-issues/1...ment-of-question-a-b , but the format is not the same than the version I use.

Thank you so much in advance!
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 4 months ago #191229 by jelo
Your randnumber needs to be equation question type.
manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Equation
Code:
if(is_empty(randnumber.NAOK), rand(1, 3), randnumber.NAOK)
The code won't assign a number to randnumber if you use a longtextquestion and place the code in the question text.

If you still have issues, post a LSS-Export, not a LSG-Export. Only a LSS-Export contains everything to run the survey with the same settings you use.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • Elodie_Auer
  • Elodie_Auer's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #191230 by Elodie_Auer
Thank you for your fast reply.
I was actually about to post that I have just realised that the file I posted what wrong, but I actually used an equation question. But still it does not work. About LSS, how to import and export in this format, I was able to do it only in LSG.
More
4 years 4 months ago #191233 by jelo
How do you backup your survey, if you're not aware of how to export the survey structure?
You might spend some time reading the manual.
manual.limesurvey.org/Display/Export_survey

You need to export a complete survey to let others reproduce issues with your survey.
Best approach is to make a copy of the survey, then remove as many questions as possible and export the relevant parts as one surveyfile. And mention what exact version of LimeSurvey you use.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose