Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Theme Preview Windows Blank

• adrianwi
  • adrianwi's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #190001 by adrianwi
Theme Preview Windows Blank was created by adrianwi
I've been playing with LimeSurvey in a Docker container running in a Ubuntu VM on my FreeNAS machine for a few months, and even ran a small survey for a local charity, which went down very well.

They've asked me to do another one, and thought I'd see if I could install within a FreeBSD 11.1 jail rather than via the Docker container. I've set up a few FEMP jails for various other things (e.g. Nextcloud, WordPress, etc.) so didn't think a FAMP jail would be too different. After a few tweaks, finally got everything running, and what I thought was the PHP modules required for Limesurvey.

Installing Limesurvey 3.19.1+191009 was a breeze, and other than a couple of permissions to changes, almost everything appears to be running well. I wanted to replicate the theme I'd created in the Docker instance, which I managed to do, but it would have been easier with the preview window at the bottom of the screen. On the Docker instance, when I change settings at the top, I can see them in the preview.

On the FreeBSD jail, that window is just blank. I'm guessing I'm missing a PHP module, but struggling to see which one(s). Any ideas?

Thanks
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by adrianwi.
The topic has been locked.
  • adrianwi
  • adrianwi's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #190002 by adrianwi
Replied by adrianwi on topic Theme Preview Windows Blank
Agh, ignore that! A bit more troubleshooting and I've found my problem

I'm connecting to the FreeBSD jail externally through an NGINX reverse-proxy and the nginx.conf file for the Limesurvey redirect was missing the domain name in :

add_header Content-Security-Policy "frame-ancestors survey.domain.com;";

Added this in, and all good! Must remember to use Chrome Developer Tools before posting in forums ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose