From 2.05 to latest

Mehr
6 Monate 4 Wochen her #182073 von jelo
jelo antwortete auf From 2.05 to latest

hvgard schrieb: As a business user that scares me.

The more you know, the more you might get scared.
You will have to write off part of your investments in 2.6.7. All themes and most workarounds will be worthless.
If you want to keep 2.6.7. alive with EOL of PHP5 and Yii1, it will depend on the timeframe if that is a mission impossible. We don't know your cashflow, so it might be worth the effort.

Read this manual.limesurvey.org/LimeSurvey_roadmap .
If you see the demand to open a User interest group for Business users (LS UIG Business), feel free to open a new thread e.g. in development.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
6 Monate 4 Wochen her #182075 von DenisChenu

hvgard schrieb: It is very nice that Denis supports v2.6.7 LTS, but I assume I'm a Limesurvey customer, not Denis (don't take it personal please :-)).

No, issue :) and totally right :)

hvgard schrieb: As a customer

What do you mean by Customer ? I think LimeSurvey GMBH customer are only those
1. Hosted on limesurvey (with more than 25 response by month)
2. Have a ConfortUpdate (premieum or more) account

If i remind, it can be different in Germany about legal, but i think LimeSurvey GMBH take more care of this customers (like i take more core of my clients for developemnts).

hvgard schrieb: …
PS: Still LS is the only survey system that supports this…

Really intersetion to hear :)

hvgard schrieb: …
I seriously doubt a responsive admin UI is better for LS. Just like word, pages, excel, wordpress and lots of other packages, we all use it mainly on a laptop with wide screen and lots of pixels. Who edits on a tablet or phone?

One of my client (using LimeSurvey since 1.70 and before) move to last version because their client like the new admin UI ;) (before they say «your tool is too oldy for us»).

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

Mehr
6 Monate 4 Wochen her #182083 von jelo
jelo antwortete auf From 2.05 to latest
An official statement can be found under this link:

www.limesurvey.org/about-limesurvey/surv...ey-version-lifecycle

LimeSurvey 2.6.x (formerly 2.06) - CE support ended March 2018; LimeSurvey Professional support until end of 2018
LimeSurvey 2.57 - CE support ended March 2018; LimeSurvey Professional support until end of 2019
LimeSurvey 3.0 - LTS Version - CE support until end of 2019; LimeSurvey Professional support until end of 2020
LimeSurvey 4.0 - Non-LTS Version - launch approximately end of 2018 - beginning of 2019
LimeSurvey 5.0 - tba
LimeSurvey 6.0 - tba

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: cdorin, tassoman

Mehr
1 Monat 3 Tage her #188800 von tassoman
tassoman antwortete auf From 2.05 to latest

jelo schrieb: LimeSurvey 3.0 - LTS Version - CE support until end of 2019; LimeSurvey Professional support until end of 2020
LimeSurvey 4.0 - Non-LTS Version - launch approximately end of 2018 - beginning of 2019

I was wondering about versioning and changelog.
Our concern is about introduction of new features that we should audit for security, before deploying.
I put here some questions and doubts:

a) Are you using Semantic Versioning ?

Do you only add new features inside the mayor release? Can we go green updating minor versions? (3.x.y)

aa) Looks like LS-CE isn't LTS, support will end with 2019, while 4.0 doesn't look stable yet.

What happens to CE users after 2019? Must they migrate directly to 4.x asap?

b) Is there any changelog web page?

I can’t see any CHANGELOG.MD file inside the Github repository neither in this website navigation menu.. I would like to integrate changelog notations with our deployments.

«All your survey answers are belong to us»

Mehr
1 Monat 3 Tage her #188801 von DenisChenu

tassoman schrieb: a) Are you using Semantic Versioning ?

Only since 3.X ;)

tassoman schrieb: Do you only add new features inside the mayor release? Can we go green updating minor versions? (3.x.y)

Yes, but error can happen (but then it fixed when reported)

tassoman schrieb: aa) Looks like LS-CE isn't LTS, support will end with 2019, while 4.0 doesn't look stable yet.

I think (my opinion) it muts be updated when 4.X is really out …

tassoman schrieb: b) Is there any changelog web page?

github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma...cs/release_notes.txt :)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: tassoman

Mehr
1 Monat 3 Tage her #188806 von holch
holch antwortete auf From 2.05 to latest

while 4.0 doesn't look stable yet.

Well, there isn't a "stable" version out yet, so no surprise here.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha