Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

NPS - LIMESURVEY

• carloscavalcante28
  • carloscavalcante28's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #175542 by carloscavalcante28
NPS - LIMESURVEY was created by carloscavalcante28
Hello, I need to create a form based on the NPS methodology.
My question is how to create the answers of multiple choices from 0 to 10, where the selections other than 7 and 8 are required to justify.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 5 months ago #175548 by holch
Replied by holch on topic NPS - LIMESURVEY
You create a question with the scale from 0-10, then you hide one, or probably better two open-ended questions and show them via relevance equation only if the person rated 9 and 10, or the other question for 0-6.

Pretty easy to do with the relevance equations. You could also use conditions, but relevance equations and the expression manager make this so much easier and quicker.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tpartner
More
5 years 5 months ago #175553 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic NPS - LIMESURVEY
I think if it is multiple choice, you will need 9 long-text questions shown via relevance if the corresponding check-box is selected.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • holch
More
5 years 5 months ago #175567 by holch
OK, I overread the 'multiple choice'. But if it is NPS based, multiple answers do not make sense.

I mean, you can't give multiple answers to the NPS question.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
5 years 5 months ago #175593 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic NPS - LIMESURVEY

carloscavalcante28 wrote: where the selections other than 7 and 8 are required to justify.

I don't understand this part. If someone answers not 7 or 8, they need to explain further?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
More
5 years 5 months ago #175595 by holch
I think it makes a certain sense, when you look at the theory behind that NPS thingy.

You have the scale from 0-10, with 9 and 10 being the promotors. And those that rate 0-6 are retractors. You substract the % of retractors from the % of promotors.

Somehow NPS just doesn't care about 7 and 8 ratings, their answers do not go into the calculation of the score.

I assume the OP wants to have further information why someone would be a promotor (9-10) or a retractor (0-6).

I am not very convinced by the whole concept, because in my opinion it has so many flaws, but companies love it, because it gives a clear KPI that fits well into dashboards... ;-)

But I think if you believe in the NPS, it makes sense to ask promotors and retractors some additional questions, to understand the results better.

More
5 years 5 months ago #175605 by jelo

holch wrote: Somehow NPS just doesn't care about 7 and 8 ratings, their answers do not go into the calculation of the score.

Right, I forgot about that.
So when seeing NPS, always answer 7 or 8. No further questions around the corner ;-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 5 months ago #175625 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic NPS - LIMESURVEY
I really think you can ask question with 7 and 8 (same question text), else it can prevaricate the answer.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #175630 by holch

Right, I forgot about that. So when seeing NPS, always answer 7 or 8. No further questions around the corner

That can get you into deep trouble! I personally experienced it. ;-)

My car dealership asked me to rate them on the NPS scale. Those guys even have signs put up at the dealer ship with a green smiley for 10, a yellow not so happy smiley for 9 and a red sad smiley for 8! They are trying to teach you to give only 10, because if they are rated below 9 on average, they get in trouble with the manufaturer. This is really absurd. A really, really bad example of NPS applied in nature.

I am generally satisfied with those guys, but I hardly ever give a 10. Just because! I feel like to deserve a 10 on a 0-10 scale, you need to be exeptionally good. So I would usually give a 9 or an 8. This time they had me waiting, even with a scheduled appointment and they even sent me a message to tell me I should be there 15min early (which I find quite ridiculous to ask that of a client). But OK, I was there on time, they had me waiting a good 15-20min, so I gave them a 8.

A couple of days later I received a call from the dealership if I couldn't change my rating to at least a 9. :-)

I told them, if they contiue I will give them a 7 or a 6 instead. Just for calling me and trying to change my rating, because it wasn't convenient. 8 is a perfectly fine rating. It is far above the average of 5. So they should be happy with it.

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by holch.
More
5 years 5 months ago #175687 by jelo

holch wrote: My car dealership asked me to rate them on the NPS scale. Those guys even have signs put up at the dealer ship with a green smiley for 10, a yellow not so happy smiley for 9 and a red sad smiley for 8!

The car dealers are the poor guys. The car manufacturers are forcing a broken model between money kickbacks and customer satisfaction measurement. It's everywhere. I had a cardealer which did their own customer survey to compare them to the customer survey from the car manufacturer. So you got to calls from different callcenters around the same case.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose