Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

404 errors on page load

• ViewBeyond
  • ViewBeyond's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #174943 by ViewBeyond
404 errors on page load was created by ViewBeyond
Hi, all - In the middle updating from 2.x to 3.x - currently running 3.14.11+180926

Things have been stable for the past couple of weeks while migrating/recoding templates to themes. However since weekend, I've been getting various pageload errors, including question text edit fields not rendering, getting bounced out to login screen when saving edits, etc.

These symptoms aren't confined to any particular survey, question or theme.

Today, on a clear server, I installed a complete vanilla of 3.14.11+180926 and with no surveys created, the errors are showing in console.

I'm receiving multiple 404 errors in console, and they seem to be triggered by Admin Core (either "Triggering panel animation" or "BootstrapSwitch initialized" (log - adminbasics.js:1557):

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (myserver/limesurvey/assets/packages/bootstrap/bootstrap.css.map, line 0)

Similar for files (and paths to):

adminbasics.js.map
lsadminpanel.js.map
lime-admin-colors.css.map
lstutorial.js.map

In each case, I have confirmed the css and js are present in the location the path is pointing to.

Working in Chrome (which did have an update last week) but have tested both my existing and vanilla installations in Safari and Firefox.

I have no idea what to try next!
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #174959 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic 404 errors on page load
See stackoverflow.com/questions/21504611/wha...for-in-bootstrap-3-x

css.map are not css, it's css.map :), this didn't broke anything.

Still an issue but really low priority : please report.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • ViewBeyond
  • ViewBeyond's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #174992 by ViewBeyond
Replied by ViewBeyond on topic 404 errors on page load
Thanks, Denis - that StackExchange link helped - and disabling the .map extension in Chrome Dev Tools worked.

There still remains one issue in both instances, but I'm doing some digging now (it's throwing a parse error in lsadminpanel.min.js) - I'm going to screen vid the error live and will submit it as a separate issue.

Thanks, Vince.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose