Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

VV import is not working

• DanielVN
  • DanielVN's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #169946 by DanielVN
VV import is not working was created by DanielVN
Hi All,

I would like to import a data that i have gathered externally into Limesurvey.

As a first step i have created a survey, then I did a VV export from an active survey (with the Latest VV version option), added the external data and then tried to re-import. The import failed with the messages:

Success

File upload succeeded.

Error

Import failed: No answers could be mapped.

Then, I created a copy of the survey and tried again with no success whatsoever.

I have also attempted the following:

I thought the problem might be caused by some particular question, or perhaps some particular record. So, I eliminated all but one records from the VV file, and then went through the exercise of eliminating the questions from the survey one by one, until I only had a single question left --a short text-- and I was still getting the error messages when trying to import.

My aim is to import more than 10000 respondents into this survey. The survey itself is not large only 22 questions resulting in total of 160 columns (I have attached the file that i'm trying to import).

FYI The survey is in Bulgarian and the labels in the first row which contains the question labels are corrupted.

Please advise how to proceed?

Best regards
Daniel
The following user(s) said Thank You: r0bis
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #170551 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic VV import is not working

DanielVN wrote: …
As a first step i have created a survey, then I did a VV export from an active survey (with the Latest VV version option), added the external data and then tried to re-import. The import failed with the messages:…

For starting : just not adding data, import VV untouched

And VV file MUST be TSV file : Tab Separated Value , your is a CSV (Coma Separated Value)
Manual : manual.limesurvey.org/Exporting_results#...ing_a_VV_survey_file

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by DenisChenu.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose