theme directory is not writable after upgrade to 3.9

Mehr
2 Monate 6 Tage her #169610 von joeschwab
joeschwab erstellte das Thema theme directory is not writable after upgrade to 3.9
I just upgraded to Version 3.9.0+180604. I followed the instructions here: manual.limesurvey.org/Upgrading_from_a_previous_version

For some reason, in my themes, my custom theme from the previous version is listed 3 times. And I am unable to edit any files in the theme editor.

At the top of the editor I get a red message that states: You can't save changes because the theme directory is not writable.

I have tried chmod 775 and 777 on the themes dir recursively, but am still unable to edit the theme in the theme editor.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um an der Konversation teilzunehmen.

Mehr
2 Monate 6 Tage her #169619 von DenisChenu
DenisChenu antwortete auf das Thema: theme directory is not writable after upgrade to 3.9
There are some issue with previous LimeSurvey version and theme editor. Best i sto report the bug on mantis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

Mehr
2 Monate 6 Tage her #169634 von LouisGac
LouisGac antwortete auf das Thema: theme directory is not writable after upgrade to 3.9
I don't think it's a bug.
old 2.x are now available in a list so users can download them, but of course, you can't edit them.

Mehr
2 Monate 6 Tage her #169645 von DenisChenu
DenisChenu antwortete auf das Thema: theme directory is not writable after upgrade to 3.9

LouisGac schrieb: I don't think it's a bug.
old 2.x are now available in a list so users can download them, but of course, you can't edit them.

If it's the case : maybe update this string «You can't save changes because the theme directory is not writable.» ;)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

Mehr
2 Monate 6 Tage her #169650 von LouisGac
LouisGac antwortete auf das Thema: theme directory is not writable after upgrade to 3.9

DenisChenu schrieb:

LouisGac schrieb: I don't think it's a bug.

If it's the case : maybe update this string «You can't save changes because the theme directory is not writable.» ;)

good idea

Mehr
2 Monate 6 Tage her #169659 von joeschwab
joeschwab antwortete auf das Thema: theme directory is not writable after upgrade to 3.9
In updating limesurvey, I replaced all files except the config file. as per the instructions. This is a copy of a new default template, so its not a 2.x template issue. Also, in addition to the error message, there is no save button.

Mehr
2 Monate 6 Tage her #169663 von holch
holch antwortete auf das Thema: theme directory is not writable after upgrade to 3.9
Did you save your custom theme in the correct place? manual.limesurvey.org/Theme_editor#Template_files_location

If it is a custom theme it should be placed in /upload/templates

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Mehr
2 Monate 5 Tage her #169666 von joeschwab
joeschwab antwortete auf das Thema: theme directory is not writable after upgrade to 3.9
I used the template editor interface in limesurvey to copy an existing theme to a new name, and then make local edits through the template editor interface.

Mehr
2 Monate 5 Tage her #169667 von holch
holch antwortete auf das Thema: theme directory is not writable after upgrade to 3.9
OK, then it should be in the correct location. I just remembered that we had a case a while ago with similar "symptoms" and they had made a copy of a template folder within the template folder, which caused some trouble. but this seems not to be the case with you.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha