How to filter Array answers by previous multiple question sub questions answers?

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #168237 von zserban
zserban erstellte das Thema How to filter Array answers by previous multiple question sub questions answers?
Q0. What sort of issues do you mostly have with groceries? (Multi q)

1. Prices are too high
2. Quality is too poor
3. Labeling is not informative enough
4. Can't find all the items you need

Q1. What products do you use? (multiple q)

1.Product 1
2.Product 2
3.Product 3
4.Product 4
5.Product 5

Q2. When you had an issue with the following, which products did you use?

Subquestions (Filter Q0 or relevance equations):

1. Price too high
2. Quality too poor
3. Labeling now informative enough

Answers (from Q1):
1.Product 1
2.Product 2
3.Product 3
4.Product 4
5.Product 5

It makes no sense to show products respondents doesn't use, and you have to have only the issues it encountered. So, considering there are no equations on array answers, how does one deal with such a case? I suppose it doses not happen that often, but still, any ideas?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um an der Konversation teilzunehmen.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #168247 von holch
holch antwortete auf das Thema: How to filter Array answers by previous multiple question sub questions answers?
To filter subquestions in an array by answers to one of the previous questions is easy, by using array filter.

Now filtering both, the answer options AND the subquestions of an array is a little bit more tricky I guess.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: zserban

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #168248 von zserban
zserban antwortete auf das Thema: How to filter Array answers by previous multiple question sub questions answers?
Yes, that's the thing, I need to filter both.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #168254 von holch
holch antwortete auf das Thema: How to filter Array answers by previous multiple question sub questions answers?
This thread might give you some starting points:
www.limesurvey.org/de/foren/can-i-do-thi...-of-an-array-numbers

Solutions provided there might not currently work for LS 3.x

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #168255 von holch
This thread might give you some starting points:
www.limesurvey.org/de/foren/can-i-do-thi...-of-an-array-numbers

Solutions provided there might not currently work for LS 3.x

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #168258 von zserban
zserban antwortete auf das Thema: How to filter Array answers by previous multiple question sub questions answers?
Thank you!

It's quite an interesting discussion there, but I was hoping for a solution a bit easier to implement. Maybe some kind of java to hide answers based on previous, or something in that line.

Would be helpful to be able to set equations for array answers as well as subquestions.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #168264 von holch

Would be helpful to be able to set equations for array answers as well as subquestions.

Definitely! Relevance equations for answer options would be a huge help.

Probably there is already a feature request for this. But I haven't see much feature requests implemented lately. I guess this is mainly due to the huge changes from 2.06 to 2.7x and now to 3.0. Hopefully, when this change has been completely finished we will see some new features.

It would also help with list radio questions, etc.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #168268 von Joffm
Joffm antwortete auf das Thema: How to filter Array answers by previous multiple question sub questions answers?
IMO the most confusing is, that there are fields for relevance equations provided.
But unfortunately without function in x-scale.

You didn't mention it, but you seem to work with version 3.x.

Otherwise in 2.50/2.70 you could use the plugin "hideEmptyColumns".

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Anhang:

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #168269 von zserban
I use both versions, but this survey I am making on v3. I'm working on a transaction from 2.7.

I will, of course, keep in mind this for the future.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #168272 von holch
Hey Joffm, my LS 3.7.1 didn't even show that!!!!

Must be a different screen??? I have to look into this. My answer option screen did NOT have a box for relevance equation.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her - 5 Monate 2 Wochen her #168273 von Joffm
Joffm antwortete auf das Thema: How to filter Array answers by previous multiple question sub questions answers?
Yes, I see this in v 3.7.1
I used array(numbers) and array(texts)

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Letzte Änderung: 5 Monate 2 Wochen her von Joffm.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #168274 von holch
OK, I used a normal Array question, there you have different pages for subquestions and for answer options. I checked and for Array numbers both are on the same screen and there is also the relevance equation.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #168315 von zserban
So, anybody else has more ideas about how to approach this type of challenge with Lime 3?

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #168384 von Joffm
Well, the idea is simple.
Instead of insisting on the preconceived idea, just split into three multi questions.

Here you have everything "out of the box".
Relevance of questions by Q0.
Answer options: array filter Q1.

Regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #168385 von holch
I would even make one question out of it.

Have the products as subquestions and then the issues as answer options, plus an additional "no issue" column.

Not much more work for the respondent to fill in than the version with 3 different questions. Probably quicker and clearer.

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha