Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Change password for users/other administrators

More
5 years 10 months ago #169675 by John_K
Thanks Holch.

Holch>'So it might be a bug that only appears in your specific configuration or it is your configuration that causes problems.'
JK- I dont mind if it is my configuration that causes this problem. The challenge is to know/ID the 'where & what' configuration need to be checked/modified in which files.

Its the 'Failed to Add User' error msg part that bugs me.
>>I know that LS can communicate with SQL Server, as I C that the 3 Users are inserted in [LIMESURVEY390].[dbo].[lime_users] table & LS displays it in the app.

Some piece of code(where?) is trigering the error msg, negating the PW email from being send to the new user.
>>Again I know for a fact its not an issue with email service, cause the user did receive the reset password email via the Forgot your password? option.
Any ideas?

My limesurvey\application\config\config.php is set to 'debug'=>2.
I might need to open issue specific bug reports.
Regards
JK
The topic has been locked.
  • elissa
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 9 months ago #170455 by elissa
Hi,
I guess I have a similar problem. I can create an user but the email with password is not sent - failed to send the email. I cannot change the password because the default password cannot be changed by the admin. The remind password functionality does not work - email is not sent.

I use SMTP and it works for invitation emails and for emails to a group of users.

Was there any progress in this topic?

LS 3.12.2+180625 but it was present in previous verions but I waited for update to check it.

Elzbieta Lesinska
LS voluntary Polish translator and supervisor
More
5 years 9 months ago #170457 by John_K
Hi Elzbieta,
Started seeing this issue with LS372 & I am now at LS 312.1 with no fix yet.

You can let LS team know of ur incident-add your issue to this existing bug report @ bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=13752

Though this is still a bug, I have tested & documented a workaround here & at
www.limesurvey.org/forum/installation-a-...d-new-user-error-msg

Latest LS release as of today June27 is(limesurvey3.12.3+180627)

What LS version are U experiencing this 'Failed to Add New User' issue?
Regards
JK

My LS Install is on WinServer 2012, Apache/PHP, MSSQL 2014.
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 9 months ago #170548 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Change password for users/other administrators

elissa wrote: …I cannot change the password because the default password cannot be changed by the admin. …

Hi elissa,

The password can not be updated for super-admin, but a super-admin can change the password of admin.

What i do to update password:
- Login as super admin
- Disable super-admin right of the user with unknow password
- Set password (in User management, like before)
- Enable again super-admin rights

:)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • elissa
More
5 years 9 months ago #170559 by elissa
Thank you Denis, I did it. I don't know why, maybe because this was before the last update but when I first tried to change the password this way I got message that I cannot change this password because this is a default password (I don't remember the exact wording of the message and I could have misunderstood something). Nevertheless, the password is changed now.

John, I added my case to the existing bug issue.

Elzbieta Lesinska
LS voluntary Polish translator and supervisor
More
4 years 10 months ago #185104 by shan_yuk_tang
Replied by shan_yuk_tang on topic Change password for users/other administrators
I found out that the admin user cannot change the password of other super users. you must downgrade the other user first before attempting to change their password. strange business decision.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose