Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

cant preview or execute any survey anymore

• nina7777
  • nina7777's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #167604 by nina7777
Hi,
Im getting desperate because I cannot access my surveys and I have already send out the survey links asking people to participate. Nobody can access the links.
Everything looks good in the adminpanel. I can even see the responses on previous surveys and see the structure and the questions. But when I click on preview or execute on any survey
This:
“Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@neda-k.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.”
I have talked to my webhost and they don't see any issues on the servers or any error logs.
Not sure if its relevant but when I look in the database, the table “ls_survey_links” is empty, so is also “ls_survey_url_parameters”. Everything else seems populated.

The things that have changed is that I did an comfortupdate yesterday to the latest and I was sending a batch of 160 tokenemail invitations.
The topic has been locked.
  • nina7777
More
5 years 11 months ago #167605 by nina7777
Replied by nina7777 on topic cant preview or execute any survey anymore
Update:
I did a new installation and imported one of the surveys from the other installation and its seems to be working find.

But sinse I have already sent out the tokenemail invitations, it would be great if I could get the original installation to work.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 11 months ago #167606 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic cant preview or execute any survey anymore
neda-k.com

it seems to be a server problem...
  • nina7777
More
5 years 11 months ago #167612 by nina7777
I tried a new installation and everything seems fine on the new installation.

I have also talked with the support of my webhost. They dont see any errors in the logs.

Not sure if it is a server problem...
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 11 months ago #167617 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic cant preview or execute any survey anymore
I think that Louis' point is that it seems to be a server problem as we cannot even access the root of your server (the link he gave) which has nothing to do with LimeSurvey.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LouisGac
  • nina7777
More
5 years 11 months ago #167627 by nina7777
I see, you are right. But the root has never been accessable as I have not put any index files there. The installation is not under root. It is strange that everything (all the menues in the adminpanel and access to responses) works except for the execute/preview links and that the new installation has no issues executing surveys. This happened after the comfortupdate last night but can because of something else.

Im going with the new installation and let you know if I manage to solve the issue.
  • holch
More
5 years 11 months ago #167634 by holch
Replied by holch on topic cant preview or execute any survey anymore
But not putting an index file should not give a 500 error, I think. It would be more in the 400.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #167636 by holch
Replied by holch on topic cant preview or execute any survey anymore
Just did a little google check and it reveals that at least once LS was installed in root:

So you really should look into your configuration on your webserver.

One other thing: I tried to play around a little bit and there is an active install process in a very obvious subfolder on your server. You shouldn't leave it at this point. Either finish the installation or delete the installation. At the moment I could start the installation process on your server...

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by holch.
  • nina7777
More
5 years 11 months ago #167650 by nina7777
Many thanks, I still havent figured out the issue as I was desperately trying to make a new install so that I could get the surveys out. Hence, also why I did not finish the other install. I have deleted it and will also disable the old installation not that the new survey is up and running.

Many many thanks!
  • elissa
More
5 years 11 months ago #167816 by elissa
Replied by elissa on topic cant preview or execute any survey anymore
Hi,
I have similar problem. I could create survey but when I press "Preview" or "Execute" I can only see an error page, however the error is different:
"Internal Server Error
Call to undefined method LimeExpressionManager::FinishProcessPublicPage()
Please contact..."
LS 3.7.1+180424

In fact I cannot say how long there is the problem because although I have the LS3 installed for some time (today I updated) I was mostly using LS2.7 (both installations are on the same server and LS2.7 works).

Cheers

Elzbieta Lesinska
LS voluntary Polish translator and supervisor
More
5 years 11 months ago #167859 by CNemo001
Replied by CNemo001 on topic cant preview or execute any survey anymore
I can confirm the issue - I have the same problem after updating to build 3.7.1+180424 via Comfort Update. Unfortunately, the server logfiles don't show any problem, warning or error and the backend is working without any issue. The problem persists even when no surveys are installed (on a plain system without plugins installed).

I rolled back to the version 3.6.1+180406 and all works again...
More
5 years 11 months ago #167868 by jelo
Is there a bugticket for that issue?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose