Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

CDbExecption opening database

• paulfiner
  • paulfiner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #159924 by paulfiner
CDbExecption opening database was created by paulfiner
I have been using V2.5 for several months now without problem but today I tried to access the Admin Panel as usual and was presented with a CDbException page saying failed to open the DB connection.
I set debug mode to 1 in config and now get a more detailed error page, some of which can be seen in the attached.
It is saying that my password has expired and I much change it using a client that supports expired passwords?
I can access the MYSQL database just fine using an external database client so not sure what is going on.
Any help greatly appreciated as I have a survey running right now and not sure if people can still access the survey.

Thanks,
Paul
The topic has been locked.
  • paulfiner
  • paulfiner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #159928 by paulfiner
Replied by paulfiner on topic CDbExecption opening database
I found the problem - it seems that passwords generated in later versions of MySQL have a time limit of approx 360 days. To reset the password follow the instructions in this StackOverflow post:
stackoverflow.com/questions/33387879/mys...expired-cant-connect
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 5 months ago #159958 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic CDbExecption opening database
Really interesting : stackoverflow.com/a/41552022/2239406

Resetting the password will only solve the problem temporarily. From MySQL 5.7.4 to 5.7.10 (to encourage better security - see MySQL: Password Expiration Policy) the default default_password_lifetime variable value is 360 (1 year-ish). For those versions, if you make no changes to this variable (or to individual user accounts) all passwords expire after 360 days.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose