Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Seeking seeder plugin or script

• hvgard
  • hvgard's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #159779 by hvgard
Seeking seeder plugin or script was created by hvgard
Hi, when configuring and testing a LimeSurvey design it is at times handy to have a bunch of test responses so that one can run test reports or connect to the database of responses from other applications such as R or Tableau or Zest.

For that the ability to "seed" the response table with say 20-200 fake / random responses would be very handy.

I searched the forums and Google for "seeder" and/or "seeder plugin" with zero succes.

Does anyone have or know about a plugin or script or other way to generate/seed responses?

Thanks a ton. Harold

Harold van Garderen
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 5 months ago #159787 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Seeking seeder plugin or script
What i do :
Create one response
Export VV file
Add a lot of lines with some alea with LibreOffice Calc

You can see the fake data in demo.sondages.pro/admin/pluginhelper?sa=...ndex&surveyId=423356 fake data don't have date …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
6 years 5 months ago #159792 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Seeking seeder plugin or script

hvgard wrote: Does anyone have or know about a plugin or script or other way to generate/seed responses?

The current codebase of LimeSurvey seems not be ready for a real response generator.

From other survey tools I'm aware of such response generators. Main purpose is to check if quotas, filters or conditions are faulty set. If certain questions are never answered you know that something is wrong with the filters/conditions.
You often can skip randomization or filtering. Or set the percentage of answering non required questions etc.

Uploading responses won't do the trick.

Feature requests and forum posts pop up from time to time.
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=11520

Would surprise me to see such a feature in LS.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose