Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Copied survey refused to go to second question group when using Chrome

• Idadritris_121376
  • Idadritris_121376's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #158192 by Idadritris_121376
We have a survey that we use repeatedly with minor question changes (open, no tokens). To facilitate this, we create a new survey each time by copying the last survey. We then alter some of the questions, activate the survey and send it to our members. However, we are getting a number of complaints from users of Chrome (Windows/Linux and Mac).The user fills in the first group of questions, clicks next and the page reloads the first group, with no answers filled in. If, when filling in the first group of questions, the user misses a questions, they get the expected popup and error message about a required field not filled in. We've tried different templates and re-installing LimeSurvey. The only way to get the survey to work in Chrome for these users is if they access the survey in Incognito mode, or by wiping out all cookies for the site the survey is installed on. Other browsers work fine on the same survey (Firefox, Safari, Edge). I can replicate the issue here as well.

Is there some trick to getting a Survey to work, that is made from a copy?

- None of our groups have conditions set on them that I can see.

- About the only trouble shooting I can figure out to do is looking at the POST request differences between Chrome normal usage and Chrome Incognito mode. Most notably, they YII_CSRF_TOKEN is very different:

Chrome normal mode token looks like this:

< YII_CSRF_TOKEN:56257410797c2a64b39944d39e6e2fffd01ff4e5

Chrome incognito mode token looks like this:

> YII_CSRF_TOKEN:VmNGYk2WWVRDVmxXcXpybmZvRVRveVJkalFucW0yU3eD_TJJWE3W_2gwWxYnPzbxg0pom6DM9YuTEDyO-bFlsQ==

Any suggestions would most helpful. Happy to send the link out if someone wants to look.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 7 months ago #158211 by DenisChenu
?????? Start by limesurvey version and build number + activate debug mode manual.limesurvey.org/Debug_mode

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • Idadritris_121376
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #158221 by Idadritris_121376
My apologies for not including the pertinent information and for pointing me to debug mode, I had missed that before.

For the record:
Version 2.67.3+170728
Running on Apache 2.4 and PHP 5.6
  • DenisChenu
More
6 years 7 months ago #158226 by DenisChenu
Did you try with a more simple survey ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • Idadritris_121376
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #158235 by Idadritris_121376
Tough to test, as we don't know why some people have this and some don't. But yes, we have 5 other surveys that all work fine. Some are quite complex with various groups and conditionals.

I've tried debug=1 and debug=2 but so far there are no errors or warnings in our php error log nor apache log.
  • Idadritris_121376
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #158236 by Idadritris_121376
Next Step: Made a new copy of the survey, delete all questions and all groups. Added 2 groups: Group1 & Group2. Added one long text question to each group for a total of 2 questions.

Ran survey in Chrome: I can't get past the first group.

Create a new survey without copying: 2 groups, 1 long text question per group. Also can't get past group 1.

Again, only in Chrome normal mode. Incognito mode the survey runs fine.
  • DenisChenu
More
6 years 7 months ago #158245 by DenisChenu
This is really strange : we never have issue with Chrome before : some of our dev use Chrome. (personnaly only chromium or icecat).
Can you create a bug and send the last css file (the one with 2 groups and 1 long text question)? www.limesurvey.org/community/bug-tracker

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose