Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Issue with Postgres and LimeSurvey v2.5RC2

• wingman123
  • wingman123's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #127490 by wingman123
Issue with Postgres and LimeSurvey v2.5RC2 was created by wingman123
Hi, I'm trying to configure the latest build
limesurvey250RC2-build151008
with postgres as my DB. Upon installation I'm receiving these errors:

Executing: CREATE TABLE lime_boxes ( id int NOT NULL DEFAULT NEXTVAL ('lime_boxes_seq'), position int DEFAULT NULL , url text NOT NULL , title text NOT NULL , img text NOT NULL , desc text NOT NULL , page text NOT NULL , PRIMARY KEY (id)) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci; failed! Reason: exception 'CDbException' with message 'CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42601]: Syntax error: 7 ERROR: syntax error at or near "desc" LINE 1: ...LL , title text NOT NULL , img text NOT NULL , desc text ... ^' in /var/www/html/limesurvey/framework/db/CDbCommand.php:358 Stack trace: #0
#0 /var/www/html/limesurvey/application/controllers/InstallerController.php(984): CDbCommand->execute() #1 /var/www/html/limesurvey/application/controllers/InstallerController.php(954): InstallerController->_executeSQLFile('/var/www/html/l...', 'lime_') #2 /var/www/html/limesurvey/application/controllers/InstallerController.php(579): InstallerController->_setup_tables('/var/www/html/l...') #3 /var/www/html/limesurvey/application/controllers/InstallerController.php(79): InstallerController->stepPopulateDb() #4 /var/www/html/limesurvey/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(282): InstallerController->run('populatedb') #5 /var/www/html/limesurvey/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(141): CWebApplication->runController('installer/popul...') #6 /var/www/html/limesurvey/framework/base/CApplication.php(184): CWebApplication->processRequest() #7 /var/www/html/limesurvey/index.php(211): CApplication->run() #8 {main}
* Executing: INSERT INTO lime_boxes (id, position, url, title, img, desc, page) VALUES(1, 1, 'admin/survey/sa/newsurvey', 'Creates survey', 'add.png', 'Create a new survey', 'welcome'),(2, 2, 'admin/survey/sa/listsurveys', 'List surveys', 'surveylist.png', 'List available surveys', 'welcome'),(3, 3, 'admin/globalsettings', 'Global settings', 'global.png', 'Edit global settings', 'welcome'),(4, 4, 'admin/update', 'ComfortUpdate', 'shield-update.png', 'Stay safe and up to date', 'welcome'),(5, 5, 'admin/labels/sa/view', 'Label sets', 'labels.png', 'Edit label sets', 'welcome'),(6, 6, 'admin/templates/sa/view', 'Template editor', 'templates.png', 'Edit LimeSurvey templates', 'welcome'); failed! Reason: exception 'CDbException' with message 'CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42601]: Syntax error: 7 ERROR: syntax error at or near "desc" LINE 1: ...T INTO lime_boxes (id, position, url, title, img, desc, page... ^' in /var/www/html/limesurvey/framework/db/CDbCommand.php:358 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/limesurvey/application/controllers/InstallerController.php(984): CDbCommand->execute() #1 /var/www/html/limesurvey/application/controllers/InstallerController.php(954): InstallerController->_executeSQLFile('/var/www/html/l...', 'lime_') #2 /var/www/html/limesurvey/application/controllers/InstallerController.php(579): InstallerController->_setup_tables('/var/www/html/l...') #3 /var/www/html/limesurvey/application/controllers/InstallerController.php(79): InstallerController->stepPopulateDb() #4 /var/www/html/limesurvey/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(282): InstallerController->run('populatedb') #5 /var/www/html/limesurvey/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(141): CWebApplication->runController('installer/popul...') #6 /var/www/html/limesurvey/framework/base/CApplication.php(184): CWebApplication->processRequest() #7 /var/www/html/limesurvey/index.php(211): CApplication->run() #8 {main}

In the first case, it appears that "desc" which is a reserved word in postgres is being used as a column name. Also CHARACTER SET is not a supported command in the latest postgres. I was wondering if this build had not caught up with postgres support or was anyone else able to get it working?

Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago #127492 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Issue with Postgres and LimeSurvey v2.5RC2
Well, this is not a final version, so chances are good that there are still some bugs. So ideally these bugs are reported so that they can be fixed before the stable version gets released.

I am not sure how common Postgres is used with Limesurvey, so this might slip through, if you don't report it.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• wingman123
More
8 years 5 months ago #127493 by wingman123
Replied by wingman123 on topic Issue with Postgres and LimeSurvey v2.5RC2
Ok thanks holch, I will report it
  • wingman123
More
8 years 5 months ago #127494 by wingman123
Replied by wingman123 on topic Issue with Postgres and LimeSurvey v2.5RC2
Also, I know you mentioned postgres might not be commonly used, are there any specific install or support issues to consider moving forward with Postgres and LS other than syntactical bugs?

Thanks
  • holch
  • Away
More
8 years 5 months ago #127497 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Issue with Postgres and LimeSurvey v2.5RC2
I don't think that there is anything special to do. As far as I know the database layer is done via the Yii framework, so it shouldn't matter which database you use. But I can imagine, that databases that are less commonly used are more prone to bugs, because less people test it. But I am not involved in development, so this is just a good guess.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose