Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

GODADDY LIMESURVEY SETTINGS

• gbombonato
  • gbombonato's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #124242 by gbombonato
GODADDY LIMESURVEY SETTINGS was created by gbombonato
I bought one domain at GoDaddy and they offer many programs to install
LimeSurvey is one of them, using GoDaddy server
I installed LimeSurvey on my domain but it doesnt work
People from GoDaddy say they dont give support for other's programs, and I believe is a question of settings
Anybody can help me?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 7 months ago #124251 by holch
Replied by holch on topic GODADDY LIMESURVEY SETTINGS
To be honest: No. Why is that? Because GoDaddy offers the installation. We don't know what they changed and why it doesn't work. If they offer this software for installation through their system, they should make sure it works. I could understand if they say they don't give any support if it wasn't installed through their system. That would be fair. But if it is provided as an installer through their system, they at least need to make sure it installs correctly.

I personally would rather avoid those automatic installers from the hosting providers exactly because of these problems. They make changes to the software to use them for their installer, but they don't really care about it working or not.

I would suggest you do a clean install of Limesurvey, without their installer. However, GoDaddy is a tricky one anyway and the do have some settings on their servers which can cause problems. I don't know what the problem exactly is, but there have been quite a few problems reported with Godaddy specifically. If you search for Godaddy here in the forum, I am sure you'll find some of those.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose