Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

What is counted as a Survey Response? Need some explanations

• Cettrauma
  • Cettrauma's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #123319 by Cettrauma
Hi,
Need some help to understand this extract of the page www.limeservice.com/en/pricing

"What is counted as a Survey Response?
A Survey Response is counted as such when one of the following events occurs:
...when a survey participant fills out a total survey (0.5 are counted when the survey is started and the first question is answered and 0.5 when it is finally submitted by the participant)
...when an administrator submits a response using the data entry feature
...when an administrator marks an incomplete response as completed 0.5 of a response will be counted."

What does "when an administrator submits a response using the data entry feature" mean? Is it when the administrator complete one response OR the total survey? :huh:
What does "when an administrator marks an incomplete response as completed 0.5 of a response will be counted" mean? :unsure:

How much do we have to pay if we have 100 questions and 220 participants, who will complete the questionnaire 4 times in 2 years?
Thanks! :)
Jane
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 8 months ago #123321 by holch
This is clearly a question for the Limeservice.com Support and not the Limesurvey.org Forum.

However, I guess I can shed some light anyway (but I am in no way involved with Limeservice, so better to confirm with them).

The number of questions don't matter. What matters are filled questionnaires.

..when an administrator submits a response using the data entry feature

Sounds pretty clear to me. If you use the data entry feature and enter your responses via this tool, you are also charged per completed questionnaire (response doesn't mean response to 1 question, but a responded questionnaire).

when an administrator marks an incomplete response as completed 0.5 of a response will be counted.

In the backend, you can mark responses as completed, even if the system didn't mark them as completed. Example: someone gets to the last page but doesn't submit the survey. This is an uncomplete survey. But if you would like to consider it as completed, you can mark it as complete and then obviously you also pay for it as a complete.

To your example: if 220 participants fill out the survey, you pay for 220 participants. However, if someone starts the questionnaire and stops in the middle (does not complete the survey), it seems like you are charged for 50% of a survey.

Assuming that everyone who starts the survey finishes the survey means that you get charged for n=220 complete responses. If everyone of those n=220 completes the questionnaire 4 times, you'll get charged 4x n=220 = 880 responses. Now you need to see if there will be a certain amount of respondents who will start and never finish. Those will be charged as 0,5 responses (so what I understand you will be charged half a response.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Cettrauma
  • Cettrauma's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #123323 by Cettrauma
Sorry for not posting it at the right place. All that is very new for me...

But thank you very much for your answer. It is definitely clearer now ;)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose