Restrict public registration to certain email domains (bounty)

Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Monate her #147806 von felixvd
COM_KUNENA_MESSAGE_CREATED_NEW
Use case: I am running a student council election and I want to restrict the votes to one per student. I know that all students have an email address of a format "*@student.uni.edu", but not each student's email address.

The solution is one of these:

1) Allow public registration, but only for email addresses that match a certain pattern / regex.

2) Run a separate daemon that sends requests to register/invite new email addresses to the survey.

I ended up implementing the second solution on SurveyMonkey, but the first solution would have definitely been easier. We will run the election again in half a year, so I will prefer to give the money to whoever pushes this feature. An integrated email domain check would really make a good tool for identity verification in institutions.

Cheers

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um an der Konversation teilzunehmen.

LimeSurvey Partners
Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Monate her - 2 Jahre 2 Monate her #147808 von DenisChenu
COM_KUNENA_MESSAGE_REPLIED_NEW
Hi,

I think best is to do a little plugin using beforeRegister .
In this plugin : test the domain . If the domain exist (not empty, set etc ...) name is not "student.uni.edu" => add an error 'Only user with student.uni.edu can register'.

Seems not a really great task , one day work maximum.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
Last edit: 2 Jahre 2 Monate her by DenisChenu.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um an der Konversation teilzunehmen.

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha