Limesurvey 3 and removal of features.

Mehr
3 Jahre 9 Monate her #128531 von romulusoprica
well... :(
I still think that will be a nice one! ;)

Romulus OPRICA
Dieses Thema wurde gesperrt.
Mehr
3 Jahre 6 Monate her #130782 von ttenbergen
Wow... I think Denis directed me to the forum when I was frustrated that the participant panel was "hidden" behind several clicks in 2.5.
I don't use label sets; our surveys are almost exclusively modified copies of a handful of master surveys.
I looked at user groups but can't see what it might actually do, so not using it either.
We use participant panel extensively. I suspect we use Limesurvey in a way that is similar to bgray below - feedback at a school. If the participant panel were removed I would have to stop upgrading, limesurvey would be basically unusable for us without it.
Still, glad I have read this because it makes more sense of why my bug reports about CPDB have got so relatively little attention.
Mehr
3 Jahre 6 Monate her #130788 von DenisChenu
Hi,

The idea is to leave some part from core, and maybe readding it in "core" plugin : managed by core dev.

Actually : some part can be differently managed : have 5 files in one directory for one purpose seems really better for us. Easily manageable, more easily debug. And more : can be improved in another plugin, tested in real and after put in core.

Less easy with 1000 files in 100 directory :)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand .
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
Mehr
3 Jahre 6 Monate her #130810 von LouisGac

ttenbergen schrieb: If the participant panel were removed I would have to stop upgrading, limesurvey would be basically unusable for us without it.

Don't worry. For now 2.5 is the new stable version, and it has 100% of all the 2.06 features.
Mehr
3 Jahre 6 Monate her #130860 von ttenbergen
I can understand the need for spring cleaning :-) Just trying to make sure that the next upgrade won't break how we use this tool.

Actually, the last preview of 2.5 that I saw (I think it was RC7) had removed the survey listings under participants in the participant panel. We use that a fair bit. I put a separate forum entry for it since it's really a 2.5 issue and so not really part of this heading, see #130859.
Mehr
3 Jahre 6 Monate her #130918 von DenisChenu
Actually,

I think we never remove feature in any version BUT : we can move some feature from core to core plugin (managed by LS dev).

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
Mehr
3 Jahre 6 Monate her #130925 von LouisGac
well, this thread was clearly about removing features... in the chat with carsten, samoussa clearly said at many times that he wanted to remove some features that he considered as "unused". For sure it was a bad idea, and the answers to this thread show it. All the LimeSurvey functionalities are used by some people.
Mehr
3 Jahre 6 Monate her #130929 von DenisChenu

LouisGac schrieb: well, this thread was clearly about removing features... in the chat with carsten, samoussa clearly said at many times that he wanted to remove some features that he considered as "unused". For sure it was a bad idea, and the answers to this thread show it. All the LimeSurvey functionalities are used by some people.

Yes, during dev meeting : it's what i say to Sam : we can never know what feature is used with a lot , very lot, of users.

I like the way spip do it actullay : move feature from core to plugin.

Mehr
3 Jahre 6 Monate her #131202 von hvgard
I'm late, but ....

User Groups: we have several Partners that use our systems and each has an "admin", several configurators and quite often some people that just need to look at responses. Some of those work for multiple Partners and groups is vital to support that.

Label sets: I used them regularly. Almost equal to the use op copy question. Especially when you want to use a list of answers that was once made for f.e. a list question and you now need it in an array or multiple-choice. Then sets are ideal!!!

Participants database: We don't use it yet, but that might change any month now with new types of project coming on where we move more and more todays approaching people on social media and registering them for future projects. So please don't remove this.

Harold van Garderen
Mehr
2 Jahre 8 Monate her #145594 von vkuzmin
User Groups: usefull but not important for us.
Label sets: I used them regularly too.
Participants database: For me its easier to make .csv file and import it directly to the survey.
Mehr
2 Jahre 8 Monate her #145596 von LouisGac
This thread is obsolete now. This LS3 attempt has been abandoned.
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/tree/develop_obsolete

For the new LS3 branch, see:
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/tree/develop

It will not remove any feature.

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha