Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

as administrator I would like to know how many people are taking a survey

• tassoman
  • tassoman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #185992 by tassoman
Ciao!
I would like to write a plugin (if not already possible in LS v3.x) to count how many sessions are opened inside the LS installation, how many people are taking a survey now?

How many administrators are logged in?

In my opinion that plugin should hook to «afterSuccessfulLogin» / «afterLogout» and «visitor has started answering» / «visitor has stopped answering» but I’m not really sure we have this hooks inside the software.

Any hint on this?

Second question, how can I write an administrative homepage box displaying custom data?

Thank you for reading.

«All your survey answers are belong to us »
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 9 months ago #185994 by DenisChenu
See : github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma...uditLog/AuditLog.php

For administrator (maybe still loggued) : afterSuccessFull login. But remind an admsintrator can just close the browser. Then maybe add a timer to set it as invalid.

For survey : beforeSurveyPage , but same things … and more : you need to check if it's till same user or not.
See gitlab.com/SondagesPro/coreAndTools/relo...AnyResponse.php#L533 for some sample

Think best is to create
- 2 plugins table : 1 for admin and one for survey
- 2 models with adminid - lasttime OR surveyid - srid - lastaction
- Check with date (and delete when older).

To create a global page : in general i use getPluginSettings directly
But you can use sidebody helper without a survey with this kind of url in menu

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • tassoman
  • tassoman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #186039 by tassoman
Ok! Clear, thank you for hinting.
This task looks like not immediate but not impossible to do.
I keep you informed in the future.
Grazie!

«All your survey answers are belong to us »
More
4 years 9 months ago #186041 by jelo
It would be nice to be in control of all sessions. E.g. to allow activating maintenance window without cutting survey takers off. Prevent new entries into the survey, but let the running sessions finish the survey.

The point, to end sessions or survey is an interesting topic.
The handling of full quotas can be kicking off people too. Mostly when you try to apply workarounds to Quotahandling. Sometimes the respondent can enter the survey, but received a Quata full during the survey.

Implementing a session user awareness to LimeSurvey itself would be helpful in potential overload situations too.
LimeSurvey could slow the entering of probands by delaying entry via a messagebox. That won't help in all situations, but it's is helpful to ease the "Reload" button hitter rate ;-)

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 9 months ago #186105 by DenisChenu

jelo wrote: It would be nice to be in control of all sessions. E.g. to allow activating maintenance window without cutting survey takers off. Prevent new entries into the survey, but let the running sessions finish the survey.

I'm thinking to male a maintenanceMode by survey,

BUT : if you allow user to continue survey : you can't really update your survey during … unknow time.

Maybe : allow enter X minutes before disable for all ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #186132 by jelo

DenisChenu wrote: BUT : if you allow user to continue survey : you can't really update your survey during … unknow time.

There would be a timelimit.
Updating an survey is still a pain in LimeSurvey. No other survey tool I ever put my fingers on, is having this deactivating/activating routine attached to a static databasetable. Others add questions while running a survey with ease.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by jelo.
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 9 months ago #186134 by DenisChenu

jelo wrote:

DenisChenu wrote: BUT : if you allow user to continue survey : you can't really update your survey during … unknow time.

There would be a timelimit.

OK,

Then allow enter X minutes before disable for all

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose