Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Accessing database from survey. Ex: getting all previous answers of a token

• LouisGac
  • LouisGac's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 7 months ago #174044 by LouisGac
In this thread:
www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...ow-survey-data-total

someone asked (again) to access to the previous answers of a given token from the survey itself.
We're often asked for those kind of functionalities, so I did it to show how to proceed:

github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commit/...bda5204cdcc8750efe16

For now, it implies to change a bit the core (internal.php and LS_Twig_Extension.php), but we will make it modular in the upcoming versions of LimeSurvey.

As you can see, in LS_Twig_Extension you can add new twig functions, written in PHP, that can access the DB via the models. So from here, you can do what ever you want. The function in LS_Twig_Extension must be then made accessible in the Sand Box inside internal.php (for security reason). From here, you can call that function from any twig file (survey/question theme)
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 7 months ago #174046 by jelo
Thanks for pointing to your post. Wasn't aware of that.

LouisGac wrote: For now, it implies to change a bit the core (internal.php and LS_Twig_Extension.php), but we will make it modular in the upcoming versions of LimeSurvey.

That is an important point. I feel not comfortable suggesting workarounds with corechange.
Will hunt us back when updates or upgrades are applied or people forgot the corechange someone once did.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • LouisGac
  • LouisGac's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 7 months ago #174047 by LouisGac
it's like for question theming, we want to make it stable before making it openly modular.
but clearly: it is stable now.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose