Conditions using hidden equation not working properly

Mehr
4 Jahre 3 Wochen her #97525 von aiseke
aiseke erstellte das Thema Conditions using hidden equation not working properly
Hello,

I have Version 1.92+ Build 120815 through the U of Miami server. I am trying to set randomized conditions so that survey participants only see one version of an information packet. To do this I've created a hidden equation type question to randomly generate a number 1 to 3 by writing {rand(1,3)}

I then set conditions for the three subsequent questions such that the first is only shown when a number 1 is generated and so on. The relevance equations for these questions currently look like this: ((genno.NAOK == "1")) etc.

This is almost sort of working: a random number is generated and only one info packet comes up at a time. However, the number's never match the same packet. So though I've set 1 to match packet 1, 2 will come up with 3, 1 with 2, 3 with 2 etc, different everytime. Something's off and I've been searching forums, but I've only found instructions to exactly what I've tried. I need this to match so that when I get my data I know exactly what information was shown the participant as it's intended as an experimental condition.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

best,

Julia

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutretten.

Mehr
4 Jahre 3 Wochen her - 4 Jahre 3 Wochen her #97556 von tpartner
tpartner antwortete auf das Thema: Conditions using hidden equation not working properly
Try this for genno, so it only gets set once:
{if(genno >= 1, genno, rand(1, 3))}

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Letzte Änderung: 4 Jahre 3 Wochen her von tpartner.

Mehr
4 Jahre 3 Wochen her #97567 von first
first antwortete auf das Thema: Conditions using hidden equation not working properly
manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager...e_Question_Per_Group

Import sample survey nd modify according to your requirement.

Survey Designer and Programmer

Mehr
4 Jahre 3 Wochen her #97573 von aiseke
aiseke antwortete auf das Thema: Conditions using hidden equation not working properly
This appears to have fixed the problem. Many thanks for your help!

Haben Sie schon bei unserer Kundenumfrage mitgemacht?

Verpassen Sie nicht Ihre Chance auf tolle Preise.

Klicken sie hier um teilzunehmen:

Jetzt starten

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten