Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Change link description on facebook share-link

• mheiselberg
  • mheiselberg's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #95149 by mheiselberg
Hey guys and girls,

I have made a small survey for my bachelor project. As I want as many answers as possible, I want people to share my survey on twitter and facebook after they've completed the survey themselves.

I found a small tutorial on how to make simple links for this. However, when I click the "share on facebook"-link the link description says the following: "Error We are sorry but you don't have permissions to do this. Please contact "my name" ( "my email" ) for further assistance." Here is a screenshot of it.

I think it is still possible for people to post the link on facebook, but that description is very unfortunate and might keep people from sharing or clicking the link.

So, is there a way to change it?

Here is the specific facebook-related code in the end message.
Code:
<strong>Facebook</strong> <a href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://goo.gl/6AYn4" target="_blank">Share this questionaire on Facebook</a></p>

I have no idea how to change this. I've filled in the description and URL description under "Edit Text Elements".

I'm using Limesurvey Version 2.00+ Build 130406.

Best regards
Martin
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by mheiselberg.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 11 months ago #95153 by Ben_V
Hi,
Try to edit the starpage.pstpl file of the template and set (or create) title and meta/description tags with your expected content... (Use descriptive phrases, not only few words)
I suppose it's possible to use a image as well.

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
  • mheiselberg
  • mheiselberg's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #95212 by mheiselberg
Replied by mheiselberg on topic Change link description on facebook share-link
I tried doing what you suggested - without any luck.

And as I don't have much time left to do my project, I've decided to skip the share-links and just have regular links instead.

Thanks for your suggestion and help.
More
10 years 11 months ago #95336 by Ben_V
Thank's for your feedback,
so I suppose it's necesary to implement some open graph metatags... another time-consuming topic.

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
More
8 years 10 months ago #120070 by michaelve
Replied by michaelve on topic Change link description on facebook share-link
A late reply to this message.

We faced a similar issue earlier today. The open graph metatags can be easily included via the template editor in startpage.psql file. Facebook scrapes a website from time to time, similar to Google. To view the scrape results, log-in to developers.facebook.com/ . Here you can also refresh the results.

The error message can be resolved by using the original url of the survey and not a redirect url (as in the sharer link posted in the first post). In our case, using the original url resolved the error message. I'm sure you could also use the a redirect url, but we were a bit under a time constraint.

Cheers!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose