Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Token mismatch error

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #86348 by olegb
Token mismatch error was created by olegb
Hello !

We use Version 2.00+ Build 120931.
I have a problem :( . I've created a new assesment survey. One person have to assess his colleague and boss. All question are the same for colleague and for boss. I've added attribute to token table to distinguish between those who will be assessed (one token for boss assesment, second token for colleague assesment) Also I've added this attribute to survey header (For example Boss assesment or Colleague assesment in survey header)When person received the invitations and clicks on first link all OK, but when clicks on another link system message in the browser :

Token mismatch

The token you provided doesn't match the one in your session.

Please wait to begin with a new session.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by olegb.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #91939 by andor
Replied by andor on topic Token mismatch error
I have noted this behaviour as well. The session has to be reset, and invoking the token mismatch page does this, as does subsequent reloading of the assessment that showed the toeken mismatch error. However, this is causing our clients some concern, as clients need to commence multiple assessments in the same session and they are finding this a problem. I am wondering if this can be handled more gracefully.

I have a workaround which is the format the links provided in using the /newtest/Y string at the end as the links use in the token management page in LimeSurvey, but obviously this is no desirable full time.

Having to educate clients about sessions and so forth just so they can load an assessment correctly is not a good look. Comments, anyone?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by andor.
  • mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 1 month ago #91948 by mdekker
Replied by mdekker on topic Token mismatch error
The original message is old, if you still have this issue with the current version, could you please file a bug report and copy your message in the report and a link to this forum topic? It sounds like a serious issue that should be resolved.

---
Menno Dekker
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #133341 by minerj
Replied by minerj on topic Token mismatch error
Workaround. You can append "newtest/Y" to the URL if you break it up into parts and concatenate them together. The only dynamic part of the URL in the invitation email is the token number. So you can compose the URL of 3 parts, the static prefix to the token number, the token number itself and the static suffix to the token. Use the JOIN function to concatenate the parts.

Example: Use the following substitute for {SURVEYURL}:
{join("https://xxxxxxxx/index.php/survey/index/sid/yyyyyyyy/token/",TOKEN,"/lang/en/newtest/Y")}
where xxxxxxxx = your survey web site, e.g. survey.mysite.com
and yyyyyyyy = the number of your survey, e.g. 342245
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by minerj. Reason: Wrong word used
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 1 week ago #133362 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Token mismatch error
minerj : you earn a karma -1 to answer to a 3 year ago question.

And in mail @@SURVEYURL@@/newtest/Y directly no need other think.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
8 years 5 days ago #133437 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Token mismatch error
Come on, Denis, at least he/she tried! :-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose