Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Randomization only works with Preview survey not Preview question group

• SHilser
  • SHilser's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #189511 by SHilser
Hi LimeSurvey Community,

I wanted to make use of the feature "Randomization group name", but I didn't get it to work. I checked the forum for all possibilities, checked the settings (Format set to group by group, used different templates).

At some point I clicked on Preview survey instead of Preview question group and suddenly the randomization seemed to work. I attached my survey's .lss file, if that helps to reproduce the error.

Is this a bug, or did I just miss something in the settings/manual that explains this behaviour?

LimeSurvey Version: 3.18.0+190923
Theme: vanilla

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...4687.lss
File Size:34 KB
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 6 months ago #189515 by DenisChenu

SHilser wrote: Is this a bug, or did I just miss something in the settings/manual that explains this behaviour?

More a misfeature, maybe a bug …
At minimum : it's must be in manual (and i think it must be in help of randomization)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • SHilser
More
4 years 6 months ago #189560 by SHilser
I had a look at the manual and if see this right, the manual would have to be edited for every single question type where randomization applies?
This seems awfully inefficient and unnecessarily hard to maintain to have that paragraph in every single one of them.

Wouldn't it make sense to just have a list/table of applicable functions for each question type and just link them to a separate description of the function? This would allow for a more centralized and easier maintenance of wiki entries and also help declutter the wiki entries for the question types in my opinion.
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 6 months ago #189561 by DenisChenu

SHilser wrote: I had a look at the manual and if see this right, the manual would have to be edited for every single question type where randomization applies?

No doing one time it's OK
manual.limesurvey.org/QS:Mandatory

This seems awfully inefficient and unnecessarily hard to maintain to have that paragraph in every single one of them.

It's not the case.

Wouldn't it make sense to just have a list/table of applicable functions for each question type and just link them to a separate description of the function? This would allow for a more centralized and easier maintenance of wiki entries and also help declutter the wiki entries for the question types in my opinion.

It's already like this , mediawiki functionnality (include)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHilser
  • SHilser
More
4 years 6 months ago #189563 by SHilser
Just one more thing, I just wanted to edit the wiki entry [url=for https://manual.limesurvey.org/QS:Random_group]QS:Random_group[/url] but I'm slightly confused by the numbering that seems to appear above each paragraph, because there is no clear order to the numbering.

'<!--T:540-->'

So if I add another paragraph, do I have to add that number inside the tag manually and if yes, which number to pick?
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 6 months ago #189564 by DenisChenu
Don't care, it's for translation :).
But there are a automatic system

Then , don't add it :)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose