Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

SOLVED:Expire survey after x responses

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 8 months ago #187848 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Expire survey after x responses
OK, attached an example that works perfectly.

The hidden quota question is on the first page and it works actually even better than expected, I put a quota of 2.

I could fill in the survey 2 times, the third time I immediately receive the quota message, which is perfect, because the respondent doesn't need to fill in nothing.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.
  • holch
More
4 years 8 months ago #187849 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Expire survey after x responses
The only thing that I haven't tested is the end URL for the quota. But as the message appears without problems, the end URL redirect should work as well without problems.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
4 years 8 months ago #187851 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Expire survey after x responses

bulgin wrote: I meant quota, not assessment.The closing of survey after max. number responses would work in this scenario. Is that a feature currently available? I can't find that.

You will have to check the wording when asking.

In LimeSurvey the word "expire" means something different that "deactivating" a survey.
Both is not possible via a trigger inside a running survey.

A fullfilled quota will prevent answering a survey, but cannot expire or deactivate the survey itself.
If you're just looking for a way to prevent submitting further surveys, you can create workarounds with quota to do that.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • bulgin
  • bulgin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 8 months ago #187870 by bulgin
Replied by bulgin on topic SOLVED:Expire survey after x responses
It works perfectly when using the @holch template, uploaded, above. Suggest anyone attempting this process study holch's template which is very easy to do:
pay attention to Quotas and that the hidden quota question is somewhere in-between the first and last question. As well, @jelo very valuable information about the distinction between "expiring" a survey and "deactivating" a survey needs to be understood - I didn't get it at first but then after @jelo made the distinction, everything clicked into place.

Thanks all for the great ideas and feedback. It's wonderful to have helpful volunteers and users here. It only makes the survey software so much better! Like I keep saying it's probably the best survey software out there - and it's open source.

What more could you want? Support it!
  • bulgin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 8 months ago #187871 by bulgin
One lingering issue is if you use a Welcome message:

Presentation | Show welcome screen set to "on"

then the participant will see that before then seeing the "This survey has reached it's quota" message.

But I guess I can make a Welcome message as an actual questions in some way.
  • holch
More
4 years 8 months ago #187872 by holch
Replied by holch on topic SOLVED:Expire survey after x responses
Switch off the welcome message and create your own welcome message via a text display question. You can put your hidden quota question on the same page as this text display.

• bulgin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 8 months ago #187873 by bulgin
Thank you holch.

I tried that but the display text only type of question still needs to be associated with another question that has an answer for the quota to be filled. I get what you mean about putting the quota question on the same page (which could fulfil the quota), but I don't know how to put a display-only text question and another question on the same page. I mean I don't know how to put two questions on one page. That would be a neat feature, though!
  • Joffm
More
4 years 8 months ago #187875 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic SOLVED:Expire survey after x responses
Hi,

I am not sure why there is a first question that is dislayed to anyone. No matter if the quota is fulfilled or not.

I mean I don't know how to put two questions on one page. That would be a neat feature, though!

This is the normal behaviour in "group by group" mode. All questions of a group are displayed on one screen. And as I see this survey is set to "group by group" mode.

So just put your text display after the "hiddenquotaquestion".

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose