Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Change Tokens message on welcome page

• KFlood
  • KFlood's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #186653 by KFlood
Hi all,

I did a search for the above subject 'Change Tokens anonymous message on welcome page' and found the post below about the privacy message that appears by default on the home page. I am a student and my university forces us to use either limesurvey or another option and I chose limesurvey as it is open source etc but I am not a programmer! My husband is though, and even he was getting frustrated trying to figure this out!!

Is there a relatively easy way to edit the message (see attached image) that appears automagically under the welcome message? I don't mind the bit about the survey being anonymous, but I am not even using tokens so why would a long message about tokens appear on a survey that is not using tokens?

I don't understand why this message doesn't appear under 'Survey text elements' so that it can be easily changed and match the font of the other text elements. Surely this would make sense and would be easy enough to do or is there some legal reason why it is not easily edited?

Many thanks for your help with this matter!
all the best
kate

Replied by holch on topic Show "A note on privacy" every time
Show "A note on privacy" every time
Category: Can I do this with LimeSurvey?
The privacy message is only shown on anonymous surveys, because of it's content. It refers to the survey being anonymous and you can't show that if your survey is not anonymous. This is why also in the future the privacy message (which is rather a "anonymous" message) will probably not be shown automatically. And actually, I think this should be totally up to the creator of a survey anyway. I would rather be able to create my own messages for each survey, which is why I generally hide the welcome page anyway and create my own "welcome page" via text display questions.

And: The law has changed in Europe, but for me for example the changes are pretty irrelevant. Do you really force me and my users to have a forced privacy message which is completely irrelevant for us?

So: Train the users, tell them what the risks/fines are. Usually everyone who is able to create a survey should be able to understand things. This is rather an issue of creating the correct internal processes, rather than anything else. And about "forgetting": Create checklists, etc. Anyway, good practice is to let at least one other person check your survey before you start. This should cover it.
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 8 months ago #186661 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Change Tokens message on welcome page
Hi, Kate
this is because you work with an outdated version of LimeSurvey.
Which one exactly?

I don't mind the bit about the survey being anonymous, but I am not even using tokens so why would a long message about tokens appear on a survey that is not using tokens?

But obviously you activated the survey with setting "anonimous=yes"

If you activate like this (here version 2.73, but it's the same in older versions):

you don't see the privacy message.

If you say "Yes" you get

If you have rights to edit the template you can remove the {PRIVACYMESSAGE} from the "privacy.pstpl"

I don't understand why this message doesn't appear under 'Survey text elements' so that it can be easily changed and match the font of the other text elements. Surely this would make sense and would be easy enough to do or is there some legal reason why it is not easily edited?

It does.
Tell the admin of your university to update to the latest version, at the moment 3.17.7.

Here you have a lot of options

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • tpartner
More
4 years 8 months ago #186670 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Change Tokens message on welcome page
If you do not have access to the template and you still want an anonymous survey, you (or your husband) can explore the HTML elements with browser developer tools (F12) and place some CSS in the welcome message to hide the message.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • KFlood
  • KFlood's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #186735 by KFlood
Replied by KFlood on topic Change Tokens message on welcome page
Hi Joffm,

Thanks for the comprehensive reply, much appreciated. I should have said, I am working with the online version so assumed it automatically updated to the latest version - I got this notification on 8th July:

The database has been updated from version 356 to version 359.

In this version, I don't have the option to edit the anonymous message in the text elements section. I have already outlined that the survey will be anonymous in my welcome message so didnt want it repeated.

However, hubby found a fix, he created a new template because the default template (fruity) doesn't allow this message to be edited as far as he could see.

The university doesn't offer any support in using limesurvey, only recommend that we use it.

Many thanks again for your time and advice,
Kate

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose