Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

In IE, for an Array question the radio buttons disappear when resizing the page

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 10 months ago #184605 by holch
I also do not agree that this is a "minor" bug. OK, it only happens when resizing and in general most people do not resize their browser while taking a survey, but if they do, it is a show stopper, when I understand the problem correctly.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 10 months ago #184606 by Jjamison0221
Actually I just had a fix (haven't tested it yet - will post here if it works) sent to me that I can add to my css. They said it will be added to the updates the next time those are done. Crossing my fingers.

Thanks for the encouragement. Maybe I'll be an open source user in the future. Just have a project I'm doing that needed to speed up the learning curve.
More
4 years 10 months ago #184607 by Jjamison0221
This is the custom css that can be added (be sure to change the extends_fruity with your theme extension name)

5pts for LimeSurvey support - Markus Flur - great job!

@media screen and (max-width: 760px) {
.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item .ls-label-xs-visibility,.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item .ls-label-xs-visibility{margin-left:0px;}
.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item .ls-label-xs-visibility,.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item .ls-label-xs-visibility{margin-right:0px;}
.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::before,.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::before {margin-left:0px;}
.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::before,.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::before {margin-right:0px;}
.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::after,.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::after {margin-left:0px;}
.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::after,.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::after {margin-right:0px;}
}
  • holch
More
4 years 10 months ago #184608 by holch

eems strange to me that no one who uses Lime Survey has responses coming in from IE.

I can only speak for me, and in my market, incidence for IE was 0,85% in April according to Statcounter. So for me it is not worth testing the questionnaire on IE anymore. I will accept to exclude 0,85% of potential respondents for the advantage of not having the additional work.

In other markets and for special target groups IE might be still relevant though.

Seems like in the US the incidence is almost 5% still (who the hell is this, even for the whole of Africa it is below 2%). So in the US I would consider IE still relevant and would probably test the questionnaires on IE.

Now in Germany, where the Limesurvey GmbH is located IE is still at 4,85%, so I guess they have to test on IE there as well.

Quite interesting to see the local differences:
gs.statcounter.com/browser-market-share/

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
4 years 10 months ago #184609 by Jjamison0221
I apologize for my hastiness in the previous post. I tested back on other browsers and found that the button will cover the label. Therefore you will need to change the media filter to this:

@media all and (-ms-high-contrast: none), (-ms-high-contrast: active) {
.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item .ls-label-xs-visibility,.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item .ls-label-xs-visibility{margin-left:0px;}
.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item .ls-label-xs-visibility,.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item .ls-label-xs-visibility{margin-right:0px;}
.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::before,.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::before {margin-left:0px;}
.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::before,.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::before {margin-right:0px;}
.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::after,.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::after {margin-left:0px;}
.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::after,.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::after {margin-right:0px;}
}
More
4 years 10 months ago #184611 by Jjamison0221
My project is enterprise in US, sadly many organizations are still using IE as legacy. I guess it keeps the IT and IS teams employed at those organizations. Because nothing ever works well on IE.
More
4 years 10 months ago #184613 by jelo

Jjamison0221 wrote: I guess it keeps the IT and IS teams employed at those organizations.

On the windows platform the IE was controllable via grouppolicies long before Chrome and Firefox where able. And IE is updated via WindowsUpdates.

You should add the solution to the bugticket.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose