Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Data Integrity: "The following surveys have an errorneous question order."

• MerkOne
  • MerkOne's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #171669 by MerkOne
Hi,

I am setting up a survey that has a question group with nested questions (nearly 200) that are conditionally shown based on previous answers.

I currently have an issue where we select Next and then are presented with a blank page (in fact, the previous question is there, its just been assigned a "ls-hidden" class).

We're trying to nail this down, I ran a integrity check just to be sure and have a few errors. One of the messags displayed is:

The following surveys have an errorneous question order. Please go to each question and group respectively, check the question order and save it.
SID: 531228 GID: 784 <- copy of 845839
SID: 531228 GID: 788 <- copy of 845839
SID: 842172 GID: 761 <- copy of 845839
SID: 842172 GID: 765 <- copy of 845839
SID: 845839 GID: 7
SID: 845839 GID: 14

The errors are duplicated because we have one survey which is displaying the error, and have duplicated twice in order to try and find a fix.

I understand the message but I'm not sure what I should do. I have opened the question group, saved it, gone through most of the questions, saved them but the error still remains.

Anyone been through a similar issue? Anyone got any ideas to resolve it?
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by MerkOne. Reason: Typo
The topic has been locked.
  • MerkOne
More
5 years 8 months ago #171671 by MerkOne
Resolved the issue with the message - turns out that I had some questions with the same order number. I found this by listing the questions, and scrolling through until I noticed the duplicates. I have removed these and re-run the integrity check and it now passes.

My original issue still remains, in that a blank page is displayed when I press Next on this question.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 8 months ago #171686 by DenisChenu
If you use last version or can reproduce with the last version : maybe report the issue withthe lss file.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • MerkOne
More
5 years 8 months ago #171707 by MerkOne
I think I've figured out the issue. Our surveys are set up with custom templates, derived from the Vanilla theme. Looking through the commit history, there was an issue to do with Edge that was resolved in a script file about two releases ago. The patch containing this fix has been applied to our LimeSurvey installation.

It looks like when the update was applied, it was applied to the theme but not to our derived themes (and\or they didnt pick the change up). I have proven this by removing our custom template from the survey and re-applying the Vanilla theme. In this scenario, the survey completes correctly and as expected. If I susbequently re-apply our custom theme the survey stops as described in the initial message.

Our custom themes only change some of the css and not the scripts, I also tried to clear the asset cache but it didnt have any effect.

We are recreating our custom Themes today, deriving them from the Vanilla template and I believe this will fix the issue. I will update this thread when I know the outcome.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 8 months ago #171709 by LouisGac
Thank you very much for that feed back
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 8 months ago #171719 by DenisChenu

MerkOne wrote: Our custom themes only change some of the css and not the scripts,

What part of css ?
custom.css can not break something … :/

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • MerkOne
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #171723 by MerkOne
I've narrowed this down a bit more. If I use the Bootswatch theme, the survey works. If I extend this theme (make no further changes) and use the new extended theme then the survey stops working as per the original message.

I've tried going through and copying the assets etc locally and it still exhibits the issue.

Further - I've also extended Vanilla and the original issue occurs. Using the Vanilla theme directly the issue doesn't arise.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by MerkOne. Reason: Updated findings
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 8 months ago #171743 by DenisChenu
If it's with the last LimeSurvey version : if you just extend the new vanilla (or any other) : please report the issue .

• MerkOne
More
5 years 8 months ago #171913 by MerkOne
Got to the bottom of this. The error is caused by max_input_vars being set to 1000 and templates seemingly hide\or handling the errors differently.

I found the max_input_lengths error in the httpd logs, referred to this link; manual.limesurvey.org/Troubleshooting#Af...d_not_be_verified.27

Then adjusted the max_input_vars to a larger value and everything works as expected even in the derived templates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, LouisGac

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose