Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Multiple numerical input with slider view does not save value

• Konzertheld
  • Konzertheld's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #170310 by Konzertheld
Hi there,

I have the following situation: I created a question of type "multiple numerical input" and used the slider option. I attached the question to this topic but most of the other settings are defaulted.

The slider question is the only one in a question group.

Problem: When I test the survey and get to that group, I can select a value on the slider and click "Next" but then LimeSurvey tells me that a required value was not entered. The question though is not even marked as mandatory... what could have happened here?

I use (have to use) LimeSurvey Version 2.05+ Build 140821. JavaScript is deactivated. I am not an admin of LimeSurvey but can contact the admin if necessary.

Cheers,
Christian
The topic has been locked.
  • tammo
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
5 years 10 months ago #170312 by tammo
Hi,

the version that you are using is almost 4 years old. Many things have changed in LS. I guess it would be a good idea to upgrade your version to the newest version, but take care: do that on a copy of your installation, since updating from such an old version may destroy things.

If you have only one or a few surveys: install a new version and import the surveys via .lss or .lsa files.

And never upgrade a version that has live surveys running.

Tammo

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl
  • Konzertheld
  • Konzertheld's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #170315 by Konzertheld
Unfortunately, I cannot upgrade the LimeSurvey I use because it is provided by my university. But I just discovered there is a free version of LS that I could install on my own webserver, so I might try that. I'd appreciate further comments though.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 10 months ago #170318 by tpartner
What do you mean by "JavaScript is deactivated? The sliders won't work at all without JS.

Can you attach an export (.lss) of a test survey containing only that question?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose