Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Array with dropdowns and two subquestion sets (ie two x-dimension columns)

• gavinthomas
  • gavinthomas's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #161155 by gavinthomas
Hi there

I'm looking for advice on how to recreate the table style in the attached image, ie a three-column grid that contains dropdowns in the second and third columns.

So far, the closest I can get is using Array (Texts), which leaves me with text fields rather than dropdowns to use. I also played around with the standard Array and switching on "Use dropdown presentation", but that only gives me one x-dimension (ie column two) to play with.

I realise that this may well be a case of editing the code of Array (Texts). I can't seem to do that via the backend (Version 2.67.3+170728) – I can only find Survey Properties > View Logic File – so if anyone has code-based instructions can you please explain how and where I can find the relevant files, and what I need to change?

Note: I'm a client-side user and did not deploy LimeSurvey to server, so the backend interface is the extent of my current experience. I am in touch with the devs and can ask them to make changes, but to be honest we're all learning how LimeSurvey works (and they are also busy with other aspects of the project) so please presume general noobage.

Many thanks
Gav
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 4 months ago #161157 by Joffm
Hello, Gav,
I suppose the options in the dropdowns are text.

So you should consider using the plugin "arrayTextAdapt".

One remark: The options in the dropdown have to be stored as labelset.

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • gavinthomas
  • gavinthomas's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #161158 by gavinthomas
That's brilliant – thanks Joffm. I'm working with text options in the dropdowns so that plugin should do the trick.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose