Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Change button size or replace with a picture

• madscience
  • madscience's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #154219 by madscience
Hi there!

Today I tried to enlarge the size of radio buttons, which I did successfully. But later I realized that the text corresponding with the buttons would not align vertically centered. Can anybody give me a hint how to do that, especially when wanting to keep everything responsive? Later I realized (which is only logical), that all question types using radio buttons are influenced by the change of the button size. Maybe I could copy and rename the question classes, I want to use with larger buttons?

Finally I was wondering, wether I can use png images instead of the buttons. Is this possible, or would it maybe cause some major problems.

Thanks and Regards madscience.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #154221 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Change button size or replace with a picture
Without knowing your LimeSurvey version or template, I suspect you are referring to the pseudo-elements inserted for the radios in version 2.5+. The problem likely is the margins on those elements but can you activate a sample survey demonstrating what you have done and give a link here?

Regarding images, yes you can use those. For inspiration see this post - www.limesurvey.org/forum/design-issues/1...radio-buttons#152227 . (look at the styles for the ::before pseudo-elements)

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by tpartner.
  • madscience
  • madscience's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #154384 by madscience
Replied by madscience on topic Change button size or replace with a picture
Hi tpartner,
thanks for your reply.

I am using the newspaper theme in limesurvey 2.65.0 and will try your suggestion. After setting it up in a sample survey I will post the survey link here, maybe this will also help other users.

Thanks and Regards madscience.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #154704 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic Change button size or replace with a picture
Depending on your configuration in question attribute, radio/checkbox buttons in LimeSurvey use:

- Awesome Bootstrap Checkboxes: github.com/flatlogic/awesome-bootstrap-checkbox
- Bootstrap Buttons: getbootstrap.com/components/#btn-groups

For best results, please, use the CSS/Sass generators for those components, modify them and replace the CSS files generated.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by LouisGac.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose