Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

adding a sub-question with comment field using matrix type // sub-headings

• lime101
  • lime101's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #151105 by lime101
Hey guys,

I have two problems setting up a survey.

The first problem is about creating a question using the matrix type (with 5 reply options). I would like to add a sub-question with a comment field called something like "other: _____" where people can write in and then be able to use the reply options of the matrix.
see example1.PNG

How would that be possible? I couldn't figure it out yet.

The second problem is about creating sub-headings within the sub-question part. I tried to do it as proposed by tpartner in the following thread: www.limesurvey.org/de/community-hilfe/fo...ategory?limitstart=0
However, if I enter the script into the .lss file and import it again nothing is being formated as wanted.
see example2.PNG

I'm quite new to LimeSurvey, so I'd be happy if you could try to explain it in a way I can hopefully follow.

Thanks a lot!

Regards, David
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 1 month ago #151110 by jelo
LimeSurvey is not supporting these kind of questions out of the box.
Both need workarounds. The one you found is for the LTS version of LimeSurvey.
What version/build of LimeSurvey are you using?

For your other issue is another old workaround available.
www.limesurvey.org/forum/design-issues/9...to-text-input#102550

Perhaps tpartner can point to newer versions? I'm currently no aware of uptodate ones.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • lime101
  • lime101's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #151137 by lime101
Hi jelo,

I'm using LimeSurvey Version 2.56.1+161118 in Google Chrome Browser.
I checked the old workaround you suggested to me and looked first if the working example of tpartner works when I import it to my LimeSurvey. However, it did not work as you can see in the attached file.

So basically no changes I tried to do so far have been changing anything, am I missing something to do changes in LimeSurvey such as Plug-Ins or so?

Thanks, David
Attachments:
More
7 years 1 month ago #151146 by jelo

lime101 wrote: So basically no changes I tried to do so far have been changing anything, am I missing something to do changes in LimeSurvey such as Plug-Ins or so?

You're not missing any settings. These workarounds are not compatible with the newer LS versions.
Only the LS LTS will work to some extend. I'm not aware of uptodate workarounds.
So you might need to wait a bit till others point the solutions or tpartner release an update of the workarounds.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose