Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Insert a feedback comment after an Multiple numerical input (slider) question

• KompetenzZ
  • KompetenzZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #148747 by KompetenzZ
Hi,
I am looking for a way to insert a comment after an Multiple numerical input (slider) question as a feedback for respondents. The comment "Great :-) lets move on" should displayed after the last slider of the three sliders is moved to any position (also if the slider is selected at position zero after testing other positions), see picture.

Many thanks in advance

Cheers kompetenzz
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by KompetenzZ.
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 2 months ago #148750 by jelo
[quote="KompetenzZ" post=148747The comment "Great :-) lets move on" should displayed after the last slider of the three sliders is moved to any position (also if the slider is selected at position zero after testing other positions), see picture.
[/quote]What if the third slider is not moved at all?

There are a lot of issues around sliders. E.g. when question with sliders is mandatory but the default answer of a slider is the answer the respondent wants to give.
I don't like the default setting to values. Another issue when you want to allow respondents to set a non answer option in sliders. ( bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=10856 )

You might dig into use some Javascript to capture the movement of sliders.
Look at some workarounds here to see you to interact with sliders:
manual.limesurvey.org/Workarounds:_Quest...eSurvey_Version_2.5x

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 2 months ago #148753 by tpartner
If the sliders don't have an initial value set, you can insert a text-display question after the multiple-numerical and place relevance on it like this (with, for example, a qCode of "Q1" for the multiple-numerical):

Code:
!is_empty(Q1_SQ001) && !is_empty(Q1_SQ002) && !is_empty(Q1_SQ003)

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Joffm
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #148775 by Joffm
Hi, KompetenzZ,
I want to mention some design issues.
You see, if A>B and B>C, A must be >C as well.
If A>B and A<C, B must be <C.

You have only two degrees of freedom.

More:
If A is 2 points better than B, and B 1 point better than C, A is obviously 3 points better than C.

How do you prevent repspondents from giving invalid answers like "A>B", "B>C", "C>A"?

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Joffm.
  • KompetenzZ
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #148816 by KompetenzZ
Hi,
thank you very much Tony, I used the question type "short free text", I don't know if you meant this question type with "text-display question". The problem is that the answer field on the bottom is also displayed. Is there a possibility to delete this answer field? See picture.

@jelo: What if the third slider is not moved at all?: As clearly implied in the initial post, the feedback comment should not displayed.

@Joffm: I am aware of that issue. As indicated in the initial post picture, this is an test example to show the respondents how pairwise comparisons work and to reduce the dropout rate with some feedback.
For this method, the Analytical Hierarchy Process, the degrees of freedom doesn't matter, what matters is transitivity, mathematically defined as consitency ratio. I can't prevent respondents from giving invalid/inconsistent answers, but I can select consistent records from inconsistent records. Records of a high inconsitency ratio of above 0.2 (means that the judgments are 20% as inconsistent as if they had been given randomly) will not be applied in the analysis. However, a modicum of inconsistency may be considered as a good thing. If one insists on consistency, people would be required to be like robots unable to look within for judgments that represent their preferences. A pairwise comparison judgment may be perfectly consistent but irrelevant and far off the mark of the true values.

Emirical evidence shows that this method does work as an online survey – Lütters, H. (2004): Online-Marktforschung – Eine Positionsbestimmung im Methodenkanon der Marktforschung unter Einsatz eines webbasierten Analytic Hierarch Process (webAHP). Dissertation, Freie Universität Berlin.

Cheers kompetenzz
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by KompetenzZ.
  • tpartner
More
7 years 2 months ago #148819 by tpartner

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • KompetenzZ
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #148828 by KompetenzZ
Thank you, I didn't look close enough to find the text display question type. I thought text display is under text questions, but it is under mask questions :-)

Cheers kompetenzz
  • KompetenzZ
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #149188 by KompetenzZ
Hi, I reordered my question codes and question order and now the relevance equation doesn't seem to work anymore (but it did work):
!is_empty(Q1_SQ001) && !is_empty(Q1_SQ002) && !is_empty(Q1_SQ003)

I don't know why. Here is the test survey: The question "Great you can proceed to the next question" is on the forth page
The question should appear only after the three sliders are positioned. It doesnt work even there is no initial value set.

test survey:
survey.toscani.at/index.php/771127?lang=en

Cheers kompetenzz
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by KompetenzZ.
  • tpartner
More
7 years 1 month ago #149198 by tpartner
We have no way of determining the question and sub-question codes from the live survey. The easiest way to see them is in the survey logic file - manual.limesurvey.org/Show_Logic_File

Cheers,
Tony Partner

• KompetenzZ
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #149200 by KompetenzZ
Sorry, I will do that next time. With this relevance equation it works (using "and" instead of "&&"):
!is_empty(a15_SQ001) and !is_empty(a15_SQ002) and !is_empty(a15_SQ003)

Cheers kompetenzz

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose