Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Display choices of ranking question in more than one column

• mafo
  • mafo's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #130802 by mafo
Hello everybody,

in my survey I'd like the respondents to rank companys, e. g. according to their generosity. The respondent has to rank the top 5 out of 50 companys which are represented by their company logos. Thus, the respondent choses only 5 out of 50 company logos and ranks them. Unfortunately, a list of 50 logos is extremely long. That's why I'd like to distribute the logos to choose from on more than one column. But limesurvey does not seem to offer an option to do that. Is there another way to do it?

Another approach which I had in mind was to add a multiple choice question preceding the ranking question. In this multiple choice question (where the company logos can be arranged in multiple columns) the respondent would have to choose the five most generous companys. Afterwards the ranking question displays only those company logos as selection which have been chosen in the multiple choice question using the array filter. The disadvantage of this approach is that the ranking question looks ugly since there is still a list of 50 logos (5 are actually displayed but also 45 place holders are visible) to choose from. This means that I don't want the ranking question to show these confusing 45 place holders. The selection area should therefore be restricted to 5 logos. How can this be done?

Thanks for your help!
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 2 months ago #130910 by steve_81
Hi mafo,

I don't see a chance of more than one column in the ranking question, too. So the approach with the multiple choice question as array filter works fine.
To avoid these ugly 45 blanks you can set the "Same height for lists" to "No". The selection area is then variable too.

cheers, steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: gLf
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 2 months ago #130920 by DenisChenu
array_filter don't work in this condition ?

I think array filter is set on Ranking. WIth some bug (because we only control it in JS, not in PHP), but still exist.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • tpartner
More
8 years 2 months ago #130942 by tpartner

I don't see a chance of more than one column in the ranking question, too.

You should be able to force them into columns with CSS. Something like this (for the default template):

Code:
.dragDropChoices li {
  display: block;
  float: left;
  width: 40%;
  clear: none !important;
}

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #130996 by DenisChenu
Hi,

With array_filter :
demonstration.sondages.pro/826842

Seems really good.

ANd for css:
Code:
.dragDropTable ul.dragDropChoiceList li, .dragDropTable ol.dragDropRankList li {
    float: left;
clear:none;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0.8em 1em;
    width: 25%;
box-sizing: border-box;
}
with SkeletonQUest

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: Add css
More
4 years 8 months ago #187314 by mintau
Is there an update to this that will work with Version 3.17.7?
  • Joffm
More
4 years 8 months ago #187315 by Joffm
Using a web developer tool which is included in each modern browser you see that in LS 3.x the css class is
.list-group-item

So just change the class.

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 8 months ago #187317 by DenisChenu
General remark : don't answer to a 3 years old post
Eventually put a link to the old topic , but don't answer to the old topic.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose