Comfort update scheduler? And token list?

Mehr
3 Jahre 3 Monate her #143395 von ConradNg
Hi Expert Limes,

I am currently considering getting the 12-months package. There are 120 update tokens...is there a way to schedule the 120 comfort update tokens to evenly run across 365 days? I can't imagine doing this 120 times over the year...on top of other project demands...

Also, upon purchasing the package, is there a list of the available tokens and its corresponding expiration time I can share with my team?

Thanks,
Conrad

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

LimeSurvey Partners
Mehr
3 Jahre 3 Monate her #143400 von jelo

ConradNg schrieb: is there a way to schedule the 120 comfort update tokens to evenly run across 365 days? I can't imagine doing this 120 times over the year...on top of other project demands...

Since the updates offered aren't tested I cannot recommend updating with a fixed schedule.

ConradNg schrieb: Also, upon purchasing the package, is there a list of the available tokens and its corresponding expiration time I can share with my team?

You get one key per subscription.

And when entering the key into LimeSurvey it is fully displayed on every update (which enables admins to grab the key).

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: ConradNg

Mehr
3 Jahre 3 Monate her #143449 von holch
I agree with Jelo: While Comfort Update makes things more comfortable, you should still always have a look at the update and trigger it manually. Good practice would be to have a test system, check if everything runs fine after the update and then update the productive system. I know, this is a lot of work, which is why I am currently not doing it, but I know my risks and currently can live with it. Would i have a lot of surveys running in production I would definitely have at least two systems running, one testing, the other for production.

And you do not have to update 120 times per year. At the very beginning of LS 2.5 there were almost daily updates, but this has gone down and I don't expect this to continue in the same rythm. Hopefull we will make it to bi-weekly or monthly updates. You get more tokens, so you can run more than one installation with this (e.g. test and productive). I think it is more a buffer so that someone doesn't run out of token usages and later complains.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Mehr
3 Jahre 3 Monate her #143450 von holch
I agree with Jelo: While Comfort Update makes things more comfortable, you should still always have a look at the update and trigger it manually. Good practice would be to have a test system, check if everything runs fine after the update and then update the productive system. I know, this is a lot of work, which is why I am currently not doing it, but I know my risks and currently can live with it. Would i have a lot of surveys running in production I would definitely have at least two systems running, one testing, the other for production.

And you do not have to update 120 times per year. At the very beginning of LS 2.5 there were almost daily updates, but this has gone down and I don't expect this to continue in the same rythm. Hopefull we will make it to bi-weekly or monthly updates. You get more tokens, so you can run more than one installation with this (e.g. test and productive). I think it is more a buffer so that someone doesn't run out of token usages and later complains.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.

Mehr
3 Jahre 3 Monate her #143451 von ConradNg
Thanks for the advice. I will get the team together and consider a test installation.

Mehr
3 Jahre 3 Monate her #143452 von jelo

holch schrieb: You get more tokens, so you can run more than one installation with this (e.g. test and productive). I think it is more a buffer so that someone doesn't run out of token usages and later complains.

You got more than one token? Or one key with many usages?
There are software providers which e.g. split 120 updates on 10 keys with 12 usages. That way you can distribute keys to different admins and still be sure that a misused key (e.g a stolen one) can use up all 120 usages at once.

Another issue with LimeSurvey is that the full key is shown in the comfort updater. It is quite common to only allow entering the key but not showing it. That way you can provide updates to third parties without easily getting your key misused.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Mehr
3 Jahre 2 Monate her #143581 von holch
I have one key/token with various uses.

I agree that it is certainly not the best way to implement, but I guess this is one of the simplest ways.

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha