ComfortUpdate with MS SQL Server

Mehr
3 Jahre 4 Monate her #141410 von medhat
Hi Guys,

I'm running lime version 2.00+ with MS SQL Server DB over IIS and would like to upgrade to 2.06 lts.

Is it safer/better to upgrade manually or using ComfortUpdate? (as I want to avoid ending-up with a missing data or a crashed version).

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Medhat

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

LimeSurvey Partners
Mehr
3 Jahre 4 Monate her #141416 von jelo
I don't think 2.00+ offers Comfortupdater. If you be offered updates inside the Admin-GUI of Limesurvey feel free to use that option.
I don't see any pro and cons relating to MS SQL Server. It is the old version of LS which might prevent a smooth upgrade.

To get the LTS version as a release from LS GmbH you will need to buy a comfortupdate key. Without that key you will need to download LTS via other ways (like GIT).

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Mehr
3 Jahre 4 Monate her #141431 von medhat
Thanks jelo for your reply.

Actually the "Use ComfortUpdate" button is there, but when I tried it I got "Internal Server Error Property "update.updaterversion" is not defined"!
I know there is a fix on bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=9064 , but I'm afraid that things will not run smoothly, as you guessed!

I've also tried testing the manual upgrade, my templates were not copied so I had to copy and assign them manually to my old surveys.

Ending-up with some issues in both ways, I thought of getting some feedback for the great LS community on the easier & safer way to upgrade.

Mehr
3 Jahre 4 Monate her #141436 von LouisGac
2.00 use the old comfortUpdate, which is kinda buggy.
I'd recommend a manual update (not very hard).

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha