Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Randomising the next question in a group

• mixojoe
  • mixojoe's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #112928 by mixojoe
Hello this is maybe a noobie question. How do I easily set up a randomised question from say a set of 3?

For example all participants complete questions 1-4, but are then only shown one extra randomised question drawn from questions 5-7.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 5 months ago #112938 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Randomising the next question in a group
You will need to create a random number in an equation question (hidden) and then show and hide the questions 5-7 via conditions.

Have a look in the forum or in the manual, it should be described how to create the random number. I just had a discussion about this this week, so if you click on my name and look at the topics, you will find a discussion on how to do this.

Had a quick look and the thread is here, but unfortunately in German. So if you are not able to read german you might have some problems.
Code:
{if(randnumber>0, randnumber, rand(5,7))}

This is what you need to write into the equation question. Then it should give you a random number which is either 5, 6 or 7.

Based on this you can create conditions that are shown/hidden via conditions, based on the equation question.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose