Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another

Mehr
3 Jahre 3 Monate her #107238 von mascarpone
mascarpone erstellte das Thema Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another
Dear all,

I feel there may not be an easy answer on this but here is our challenge: we have realized that SGQA are "instance specific" and that they will change when re-importing a survey on a different instance of LS.

The problem we have faced with this is related to the automated analysis/reporting features that we have developed around our surveys and that would need to be recoded after each transfer. I realize it is probably not usual to transfer surveys like this. In our case we are openly sharing our work with a bunch of other partner agencies - and as such promoting further the use of LS - and that includes the analysis/reporting scripts. We are therefore looking at a way of getting this "connection" stable.

As anybody faced this issue before and found an elegant way of solvin/working around it?

Cheers!

Mas

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutretten.

Mehr
3 Jahre 3 Monate her #107249 von holch
holch antwortete auf das Thema: Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another
Of course the SGQA code changes when you import a survey (even on the same instance), because they need to be unique (especially the S = Survey portion). I don't see a way around this. Maybe someone else or one of th developers does, but I do have little hope.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: mascarpone

Mehr
3 Jahre 3 Monate her #107267 von byan
byan antwortete auf das Thema: Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another
I think as long as your survey title and qids remain the same, you should be able to achieve your goal by joining the lime_surveys_languagesettings, question, answer, your survey tables.

Mehr
3 Jahre 3 Monate her - 3 Jahre 3 Monate her #107279 von DenisChenu
DenisChenu antwortete auf das Thema: Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another
Hi,

Maybe you can use "EM code" in your data anlysi, and have a 'EM code to SGQA' system.

github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma...dmin/export.php#L682

Better link from code:
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma...ort_helper.php#L4437

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
Letzte Änderung: 3 Jahre 3 Monate her von DenisChenu. Begründung: Better link from code:

Mehr
3 Jahre 3 Monate her #107302 von mascarpone
mascarpone antwortete auf das Thema: Changing SGQA codes following export/import from one instance of LS to another
Thanks all for your replies and suggestions. We will probably move to the solution proposed by Denis and implement some sort of a mapping table between our analysis script and EM Codes so that we may share our work more easily with others!

Merci!

Haben Sie schon bei unserer Kundenumfrage mitgemacht?

Verpassen Sie nicht Ihre Chance auf tolle Preise.

Klicken sie hier um teilzunehmen:

Jetzt starten

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten