Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Informed Consent - Participant I'd and withdrawal

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #92200 by tomW
I am looking to enable participants to be able to withdraw their informed consent and so have their anonymised data destroyed. I am looking therefore for an unique identifier number to be generated that a participant can provide to link with their anonymised data as per British Psychological Society suggestion in their ethical guidelines [1:6]. Before I do do any further work is this already implemented?

I have considered using the JavaScript workaround that generates an identifier from first initial and month of birth, using sha1 encryption but this is not unique enough e.g. Twins Tim and Tom. I had started o look at incorporating the email address along with extra security data such as initial and DOB. However JavaScript and lime survey is not my main skillset.

I am also wanting to relate Pre and post intervention surveys to each other.

Hope you can help

[1] British Psychological Society. 2007. Report of the Working Party on Conducting Research on the Internet: Guidelines for Ethical Practice in Psychological Research Online. Leicester, United Kingdom: British Psychological Society.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by tomW.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 1 month ago #92276 by tpartner
To make your identifier unique, you can incorporate the {SAVEDID} which is available after submitting the first question page.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose