Importing filled surveys from another computer to a running survey?

Mehr
6 Jahre 3 Monate her #85322 von ecchild
ecchild erstellte das Thema Importing filled surveys from another computer to a running survey?
Hello,

I have Limesurvey installed on my laptop and all the surveys I fill are saved there.
I installed a copy of the survey on a second laptop and someone fills surveys there.

I want all the surveys on my laptop.

I tried reading the Wiki and I think the VV export is the answer but I'm not sure - I need to make sure when I import the surveys from the second computer that they will be added to the ones on mine and not overwrite them (the software probably numbered them the same).

Am I right and the VV export is the right way to go? How do I make sure the files are added to the existing ones? I think the issue was addressed in the Wiki but I didn't quite understand the explanation.

Thanks!

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um an der Konversation teilzunehmen.

Mehr
6 Jahre 3 Monate her - 6 Jahre 3 Monate her #85335 von Ben_V
Ben_V antwortete auf das Thema: Importing filled surveys from another computer to a running survey?
Hi,
Yes you can merge all responses submitted to a same survey using several platforms...using VV files facilities..
It's really easy !

In the wiki read carefully this section
(if the headings of the imported vv files are not correct you will import blank responses )

Maybe the best is to create a short survey, copy it to tour 2nd installation and try the task to understand better...even if there is no risk to lost data.
Remember:
1) the surveys of all your installations have to be 100% similar (questions, answer options, labelsets, etc.)
2) Obviously, take care of your previous database backups !

Ben/

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Letzte Änderung: 6 Jahre 3 Monate her von Ben_V.

Mehr
6 Jahre 3 Monate her #85336 von tpartner
tpartner antwortete auf das Thema: Importing filled surveys from another computer to a running survey?
Yeah, the documentation is a little vague. The safest method may be:

1) Backup your databases
2) VV export both surveys
3) Merge the data in in the CSV file from your laptop
4) VV import that file back into your laptop
5) Check that the number of resonses is correct

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: ecchild

Mehr
6 Jahre 3 Monate her #85337 von ecchild
ecchild antwortete auf das Thema: Importing filled surveys from another computer to a running survey?
Thank you both!
What is the best way to backup all the filled surveys? Currently I'm just exporting them to SPSS as a means of backup.

Mehr
6 Jahre 3 Monate her #85339 von Ben_V
Ben_V antwortete auf das Thema: Importing filled surveys from another computer to a running survey?
- Use the following button for (entire) database backup (including current answers)

- or vv files for current results
("export to SPSS" simply provides a formated file to handle your results with this software...
but let impossible to reimport data into LS...)

Ben/

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: ecchild

Mehr
6 Jahre 3 Monate her #85366 von ecchild
ecchild antwortete auf das Thema: Importing filled surveys from another computer to a running survey?
Thanks so much!
I'll create a "fake" survey and try playing with the VV files to see how it works. :)

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha