Remove "No Answer?

Mehr
7 Jahre 4 Monate her #80713 von the_batman
Remove "No Answer? wurde erstellt von the_batman
For some questions, the default answer is "No Answer" before the user chooses an option, but is there any way to get rid of that? I feel that by having a "No Answer" button, it gives them an option to not answer the question, thus nullifying the purpose of the survey and resulting in a loss of data. So is there any way to get rid of the "No Answer" option?

Also, would it be able to edit the tip? For ex. Instead of saying "Check any that apply", can I change it to say "Check all that apply"? The latter seems to make more sense in my opinion.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

LimeSurvey Partners
Mehr
7 Jahre 4 Monate her #80714 von holch
holch antwortete auf Remove "No Answer?
Second thing first: changing default texts needs to be done via "translating" (see documentation). You could hide the tip (is an option in the advanced setting of each question and add the text yourself either in the question text itself or in the 'helptext'.

Now to "no answer". There is a setting in general settings "Show 'no answer' option for non-mandatory questions:". [Hmm, I only see this now, but this should actually be read "for mandatory questions" I think.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Mehr
7 Jahre 4 Monate her #80715 von the_batman
Ohhhh yup, Ok I see it now.

Thank you very much!

Mehr
7 Jahre 4 Monate her #80733 von Mazi
Mazi antwortete auf Remove "No Answer?

the_batman schrieb: Ohhhh yup, Ok I see it now.

Thank you very much!

You're welcome :-)

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to give Limesurvey a future .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Want to use your survey offline -> www.offlinesurveys.com

Mehr
7 Jahre 3 Monate her #82339 von dspaan
dspaan antwortete auf Remove "No Answer?
Hi Mazi,

I have a question about this setting. We have enabled to 'no answer' option for the survey but now the 'no answer' option that is added to each question is ticked by default. Can the radio button be set to unticked so none of the radio buttons are selected?

Mehr
7 Jahre 3 Monate her #82352 von Mazi
This isn't possible without additional Javascript.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Mehr
7 Jahre 3 Monate her #82404 von tpartner
tpartner antwortete auf Remove "No Answer?
An easier solution may be to disabled the 'no answer' option for the survey and add your own "no answer" option to each question.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Official LimeSurvey Partner - partnersurveys.com

Mehr
7 Jahre 3 Monate her #82766 von dspaan
dspaan antwortete auf Remove "No Answer?
Thanks i will do the last suggestion then.

Mehr
7 Jahre 3 Monate her #82841 von Mazi
dspaan, can you help other users by adding a new "How do I remove/change the "no answer" option" to our "General FAQ" page: docs.limesurvey.org/General+FAQ&structur...tions+for+LimeSurvey ?

Would be great if you could list different solutions there.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Mehr
3 Jahre 1 Monat her #140788 von tbart
tbart antwortete auf Remove "No Answer?
We also thought preselecting "no answer" is too suggestive for people taking the survey.

The cleanest solution I think is to not explicitly select it, directly in limesurvey's code.
The attached patch (.txt added to allow for uploading) removes this.
Based on limesurvey250plus-build160715.tar.gz

I think it would be a great addition to make this simple change switchable from the GUI (either per survey or at least globally).
Selecting "no answer" now and going back again makes the radio button be unselected again. This might be suboptimal but I don't think it's a big spoiler. It seems there's no difference between explicitly selecting "no answer" and giving no answer. Without further research, it seems both values likely result in a NULL (that is, no change whatsoever to the default value in the database). The only possibility to fix this would be to explicitly write a value to the DB indicating "no answer" has been selected. Defining such a value yourself (as a survey admin) is sometimes possible, using bipolar matrix questions (those defined by subquestion text "not at all | very much"), it is not.

The patch might be incomplete as not all question types might be covered. But you get the point.
Anhänge:

Mehr
3 Jahre 1 Monat her #140799 von Joffm
Joffm antwortete auf Remove "No Answer?
Hi, just one short remark:
from my decade's experience in opinion and market research:
You should never use this precoded and predelected "no answer". People like comfortable things and what is more comfortable than this preselected option to proceed in the survey without having to use your brains?
In most cases, really in most cases you can define your own "DKNA" code with the advantage that in the analysis, let's say by SPSS you have ONE "missing value" code.
And you can style it that this answer option is less suggestive (smaller font, grayed, or so)
tbart said: using bipolar matrix questions (those defined by subquestion text "not at all | very much"), it is not.
In this case I wouldn't use the pipe symbol, but have these option in the header of the matrix.

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Mehr
1 Jahr 3 Stunden her #175518 von KompetenzZ
Hi,

I use LimeSurvey Version 3.14 now. Last year when I used LimeSurvey in Version 2.6+ there was this "show 'no answer'" button in the presentation and navigation tab of the general settings, which can be deactivated.
However, in Version 3.14 some things changed. I can't find a way to disable the "no answer" option for not mandatory questions (in my case for the questions List (Radio) and Yes/No). Is there any way to do that?

Cheers

Cheers kompetenzz

Mehr
1 Jahr 2 Stunden her #175519 von jelo
jelo antwortete auf Remove "No Answer?

KompetenzZ schrieb: Last year when I used LimeSurvey in Version 2.6+ there was this "show 'no answer'" button in the presentation and navigation tab of the general settings, which can be deactivated. However, in Version 3.14 some things changed.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
Anhänge:

Mehr
1 Jahr 1 Stunde her #175523 von KompetenzZ
Thank you and sorry, I mixed it up, I looked in the general settings but the options is in the global settings.

Cheers kompetenzz

Mehr
11 Monate 4 Wochen her #175533 von tpartner
tpartner antwortete auf Remove "No Answer?
You can also do it at the survey level.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Official LimeSurvey Partner - partnersurveys.com
Anhänge:
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: DenisChenu

Jetzt loslegen!

Melden Sie sich jetzt an, und erstellen Sie in wenigen Minuten Ihre erste Umfrage.

Account einrichten

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter für alle Neuigkeiten rund um LimeSurvey
captcha